Thread: Lightsphere cloud and PJ with dome

Default Lightsphere cloud and PJ with dome

I dropped by at cathay and saw that there are 2 versions. Try to do a research on it but doesnt gather much results. Users of either the above light spheres, care to share your experience?
    From what i know, the PJ version is clear plastic so there is less light loss. While the cloud version makes light even more diffused and gives a warmer tone. Which one is more suitable for general purpose photography? What i fear is that the light sphere cloud will cause too much light loss that my flash is not able to provide sufficient brightness.

Default Re: Lightsphere cloud and PJ with dome

Get the PJ + Dome version.
    you could get the effect of the cloud version using the Inverted dom direct.
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1
    Get the PJ + Dome version.
    you could get the effect of the cloud version using the Inverted dom direct.
    Like that ah... So there is not much different with the 2 versions i guess. Wondered why they come out with the cloud. Boost sales?

Just got the cloud version. It's supposed to be in response to criticism of the clear PJ not having the same warmth as the older solid frosted ones. It's definitely better than a straight flash and the bloody ombibounce.

Quote Originally Posted by shojibake
    Just got the cloud version. It's supposed to be in response to criticism of the clear PJ not having the same warmth as the older solid frosted ones. It's definitely better than a straight flash and the bloody ombibounce.
    Hi shojibake, would you mind putting up some pictures using the LS cloud. I am interested to see how is it like. Also try to see whether it "eats" up alot of power when shooting far away objects, say 3m.

i'll see what i can do - no promises. My one and only model isn't too keen ! Hehehe.

Ic... can shoot normal objects also can. Btw, what flash are you using? So can have a base line comparison.