Thread: When stills are not enough to justify...

Deregistered

Default When stills are not enough to justify...

There are times when still images cannot capture the true motion action... here is one of them... and when we thought "Initial D" rocks... here is one that beats them all... synchronised driving...

Default Re: When stills are not enough to justify...

beautiful, thanks for sharing

... looks like a revival of boxy cars too!
    Last edited by eikin; 20th May 2006 at 12:42 AM.

OMG!!! This rockS!!!!

Deregistered

That got me thinking... how to really capture the beauty and the awesome driving skills by stills alone?

Wow did anyone see the drifting action from 2:35 to 2:50? Check out the skill and precision dude!

Quote Originally Posted by plastic
    There are times when still images cannot capture the true motion action... here is one of them... and when we thought "Initial D" rocks... here is one that beats them all... synchronised driving...
    please.. InitialD is just some made to believe cartoon. They can draw anything they like in there. Some of my friends even swear by the cartoon and learnt many great techniques from it..
    The AE86 could probably win the World Rally Championship and F1 if he really wanted to.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

how did they do the shooting? need license from police? and i don't think it'll be possible to shoot in the Paris underground ...?
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by plastic
    That got me thinking... how to really capture the beauty and the awesome driving skills by stills alone?
    sometimes stills just cant beat moving video for the full picture =(

I guess skills, pans, timing, luck, driver skill, position can capture really great tandem drifting. In some cases, looking at 1 still is more impressive than looking at 3 mins of video... because U freezed a moment in time...

beauty of stills, that's what I love abt car photography =)

Quote Originally Posted by yankeway
    The AE86 could probably win the World Rally Championship and F1 if he really wanted to.
    haha, dont mean to hijack plastic's thread but here's a video of 3 F1 drivers Niki Lauda (in some Fiat punto GT with half-a-lap headstart) vs Coulthard (in a 575 with a quarter-lap headstart) vs Schumie (in a F1 ferrari) http://www.metacafe.com/watch/91737/...at_vs_ferrari/

i think the paris underground is a mock up.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

r they remote controlled or computerised cars??
    steady manz

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Rev
    sometimes stills just cant beat moving video for the full picture =(

I guess skills, pans, timing, luck, driver skill, position can capture really great tandem drifting. In some cases, looking at 1 still is more impressive than looking at 3 mins of video... because U freezed a moment in time...

beauty of stills, that's what I love abt car photography =)

haha, dont mean to hijack plastic's thread but here's a video of 3 F1 drivers Niki Lauda (in some Fiat punto GT with half-a-lap headstart) vs Coulthard (in a 575 with a quarter-lap headstart) vs Schumie (in a F1 ferrari) http://www.metacafe.com/watch/91737/...at_vs_ferrari/
    Know what? I think the lesson here is : Don't bother with street racing if you want to boast about speed... go get a real racing license and be a real track race driver/rider. You endanger less lives out there.

The last moment when Schumie overtook the other two cars after coming out of the last bend... that amazing acceleration! Wow.....

Pictures alone tell a subjective story. Videos give users a 2nd subjective opinion.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

OT:
    not sure if U've seen this, there's this episode on discovery channel where they covered underground drift racing in japan. dont think they can do the ridiculous corny isuzu gemini stuff but those guys actually do it pretty close with tandem-drifting (or synchronized driving) on mountain hill roads!! They dont drift as accurate as Initial D (bullsh-t 1cm to the side-railing) but they arent sloppy either...

As for training on track, that of course is where the best gather, but equipment & talent are must-haves to be good =(

yea, they dont call it F1 for nothing. Like go-karting on super-steroids =)