Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1001

Thread: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

  1. #321
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Quote Originally Posted by burger
    think the timing given by scv is wrong

    sorry guys, i think it should be a 2330 kickoff
    yes confirmed 2330, kana bluffed by SCV too
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  2. #322
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Personally i liked the Bellamy/Pennant signings. Risky, probably, talented? Definitely.

    The only regret i have is why we did not sign Duff (only 5m pound!). I do believe that the reformed bay boys, Fowler, Bellamy and Pennant, will delivers.

    Accordingly to reports, Fowler seems to be back to his best form and is fitter than ever (1 yr renewal contract represent min risk and the support of KOP is invaluable). Bellamy seems very enthusatic as well and already scored. Pennant is less predictable, but he does look good when he plays well for Birmingham.

    However, my no.1 choice for RM?RW would be Duff follow by Malbranque and then Pennant. Hopes he prove me wrong. :P If he flops, maybe we can sign SWP in Sept! lol

  3. #323
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    i love Robbie Fowler!!! go Robbie go!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  4. #324

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    They played Reina in midfield, and he almost scored.... twice!

  5. #325
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Quote Originally Posted by dnd8008
    They played Reina in midfield, and he almost scored.... twice!
    lol he can be the sub sub midfielder in future

  6. #326
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552
    lol he can be the sub sub midfielder in future
    he jus whack from midfield can liao la.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #327

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    This thread so quiet one.....
    What the heck is wrong with the team so far? I know these are friendlies but performances like these, even for a reserve side, is damn poor. I only watched the Kaiserlaustern match but we looked disjointed and only played well in fits and starts. no fluidity in the passing and movement. the defending was....
    and now we lost 3 straight friendlies, each one with a worse score than the other.
    Some more the team's preparation all screwed up by world cup. First team players barely had a chance to play in a match, much less get into full match fitness.
    friendlies are friendlies, don't really matter. But doesn't look to me like we're ready at all for the new season. And Maccabi Haifa is a good team, no pushovers, in better fitness condition after having played in earlier qualifiers and definitely motivated like hell. If we're not careful, we'll fall at the first hurdle. We MUST make it to the CL group stage at least or our finances would be screwed.
    I hope this season won't be another false dawn like houllier's final season. We need to get our acts together and play like a team.
    C'mon Reds!!

  8. #328
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    This thread so quiet one.....
    What the heck is wrong with the team so far? I know these are friendlies but performances like these, even for a reserve side, is damn poor. I only watched the Kaiserlaustern match but we looked disjointed and only played well in fits and starts. no fluidity in the passing and movement. the defending was....
    and now we lost 3 straight friendlies, each one with a worse score than the other.
    Some more the team's preparation all screwed up by world cup. First team players barely had a chance to play in a match, much less get into full match fitness.
    friendlies are friendlies, don't really matter. But doesn't look to me like we're ready at all for the new season. And Maccabi Haifa is a good team, no pushovers, in better fitness condition after having played in earlier qualifiers and definitely motivated like hell. If we're not careful, we'll fall at the first hurdle. We MUST make it to the CL group stage at least or our finances would be screwed.
    I hope this season won't be another false dawn like houllier's final season. We need to get our acts together and play like a team.
    C'mon Reds!!

    ya although friendly, but the 3rd game lost too badly.

  9. #329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Don't worry. Once the Champion League 3rd round starts, we'll start rocking!!!

    Go Liverpool Go
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  10. #330
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    com';on u REDS!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #331
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    never fear the reds army here
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  12. #332

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    All the recent transfers are very exciting, let's hope they gel quickly. Cannot let Chelsea or any other team slip away early. Also hope they gel well and do well in the CL!

    Go Reds Go!

  13. #333
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Quote Originally Posted by dnd8008
    All the recent transfers are very exciting, let's hope they gel quickly. Cannot let Chelsea or any other team slip away early. Also hope they gel well and do well in the CL!

    Go Reds Go!
    yeah hope they can gel fast.

  14. #334
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Dont worry, preseason is time to experience. Moreover, Steve G hardly play becos of rest. Seems like we have a injury free team (bar harry Kewell, on his usual sick note) so we shd have a pretty decent start so long as new players like pennant and bellamy gels quickly.

    Good thing is Arsenal has a depleted backline, chelsea has jole cole injured, gallas problem, man u's only signing, carrick is out for 3 wks.

    Good chance for us to take an early lead for them to play catch up!

  15. #335

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Tonight's the night! LFC vs Maccabi Haifa. The start of a new season. All fingers crossed that it will be a good start to a good year.

    When you walk through a storm,
    Hold your head up high,
    And don't be afraid of the dark.
    At the end of a storm,
    There's a golden sky,
    And the sweet silver song of a lark.
    Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown..

    Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
    And you'll never walk alone.......
    You'll never walk alone.

    Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
    And you'll never walk alone.......
    You'll never walk alone.

  16. #336
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  17. #337
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    lai lai lai! tonight got 'live' boh?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #338
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    lai lai lai! tonight got 'live' boh?
    not sure worrr keke.

    Hope tonite win comfortable at anfield

  19. #339
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    LIVERPOOL!!! LIVERPOOL!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #340
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: LFC(4). Long Road ahead but Stevie G's my man!

    scrapped through!


    bad... the boys seemingly took it all too easy.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •