Thread: Rose

Default Rose

C&C please

Default Re: Rose

The words in blue are very 'outstanding'
    it caught my attention almost the same time as the rose.
    but somehow, i felt that it could be better if u make it a portrait rather than a landscape.
    reason is because if the words are so obvious, the view shld be smooth. if u tiled it, the feeling just won't flow smoothly..

not very good with words.. hoped u understand wht i'm trying to say.. if not, hoped that some expert can help me out on this..

Wink Re: Rose

thanks for the comment!
    oh i actually purposely include the words.. cause it has something to do with the rose..
    so the words are distracting eh.. ok will take note of it.

and if you happen to be in singapore this week, please check out Dick Lee's musical "Man of Letters" at University Cultural Centre, NUS.
    Saturday & Sunday: 3pm, 8pm

If you're using this shot to advertise for the musical, there's nothing wrong with making the words more prominent. It's a matter of priority.

Of course, try to angle the words so they're more comfortable to read.

And I don't watch musicals. Photography is as far as I venture into the field of arts.

many things need to be improved on ...

1. the position of the title is extremely uncomfortable for reading, to make it worse the bright baby blue colour screaming for attention distracts badly

2. the form of the rose is too messy at this angle

3. the words on the ribbon cutting across is having lots of unnecessary reflections, it seems not to be the best ribbon to use for the shot, change it, or remove it.

4. the translucent frame is so passť, there's nothing wrong with personal preference but i think the frame does not contribute anything to the entire composition.

thank you all for the comments, will take note of that.
    oh and the ribbons have something to do with the rose also. haha sorry.. its some kind of rojak in one pic. :P