Thread: Street photography

Default Street photography

Who likes street photography? Do u need to be inconspicous n shoot from afar or go near to the action? Do u hide the camera? Any tips?
    http://lewwl.zoto.com//galleries/singaporephoto

Default Re: Street photography

i love street photography. usually going nearer the action gives u better shots, but some street photos are better taken from afar. no need to hide the camera, however it's recommended to shoot unobtrusively and quickly. so.....hit those streets and post ur shots here! have fun

I would prefer upclose to... as long as it's not too obtrusively and ask for the subjects' permission when the situation calls for it.

does anyone carry the camera everywhere and everyday for fear of losing some fantastic shot? n that means a light carry around set up.

Quote Originally Posted by honda
    does anyone carry the camera everywhere and everyday for fear of losing some fantastic shot? n that means a light carry around set up.
    I know streetshooting king Zaren has a cammie in his pants most of the time (in the pocket lah!)

P&S is a good cam to start, less noticeable by the ppl around. Snap a few shots and move on, try not stay stationary at one spot for too long, may mistaken u as a PI.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    I know streetshooting king Zaren has a cammie in his pants most of the time (in the pocket lah!)
    u got it wrong! the streetshooting king is khairi!