Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why no male models and shoots??

Default Re: Why no male models and shoots??

Quote Originally Posted by gerald15388
    lol. dude. if there was a shoot organized for a male model, would u be interested in joining the shoot?
    Yes, I would.

cool. so far 2 ppl are interested. how do i organise a shoot man? i guess it'll be cool.. maybe i can get my girlfren to model too den we can have some couple shots.

That's just a guess, since no pix have been posted, no one knows whether your model has got beer belly or six-pack, whether he's tall, dark and handsome, etc.

Get a pix, put it up, set a price, see how many people come. That's the acid test.

Wai Leong
    ===
    cool. so far 2 ppl are interested. how do i organise a shoot man? i guess it'll be cool.. maybe i can get my girlfren to model too den we can have some couple shots.

why beer belly cannot be model? If there is some guy with a beer belly, tatoos and an eye batch, that would be super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    To me, I feel that there is a degree of lack of confidence in the masculinity of the photographer when a guy shoots another guy. The photographer is afraid of being teased by his peers about his sexual orientation when he shows the pictures of males that he shot.

Couple this fear with the need to prove that they are straight and their hidden desires, you end up only with babe shots and other much left.

I have often wondered that if MITA ever allows Playboy and/or Penthouse to be published in here, would the number of such shoots go down?
    The way you speak, makes it very disrespectful to female photographers, as if they are non existant.

the acid test thing is a good idea... can i try it out here first? i dun wanna publicize this too much.. since i noe very few ppl read this thread. i'll post a few pics of myself here and see if people are interested. oh ya.. i'll put a price too. if it's attractive, i think i may organize the shoot. anybody agree to my idea?

Quote Originally Posted by ronwong
    The way you speak, makes it very disrespectful to female photographers, as if they are non existant.
    Not at all; I'm addressing to the mostly male (guess: 90%) photographers here in CS. See the line "guy shoots another guy"? Most female shooters rarely get a chance to shoot the male model for the reason that they can't get the numbers to make a shoot. Case in point: A special model (female) costing $70 per person was announced this morning just before 1 am. The author responded at 0826 hrs with 6 out of 10 slots taken. Compared this to offers for male model shoots. 1 week and no more than 5. This has occurred more than once already.

I'm pointing out the fact as student said, some people let "pure hormones that dictate what they photograph and what they look at (in this forum)." Lamentable, but true.
    Last edited by Watcher; 24th May 2006 at 10:35 AM.

the acid test thing is a good idea... can i try it out here first? i dun wanna publicize this too much.. since i noe very few ppl read this thread. i'll post a few pics of myself here and see if people are interested. oh ya.. i'll put a price too. if it's attractive, i think i may organize the shoot. anybody agree to my idea?
    Yes, . If you want to be the model, what "look"/theme are you us to shoot you with? Errrm sporty? classy? That way we can then comment appropriately. Nice of you to volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Yes, . If you want to be the model, what "look"/theme are you us to shoot you with? Errrm sporty? classy? That way we can then comment appropriately. Nice of you to volunteer.
    nice of you to help me out dude!!

Alrite, i have thought of 3 themes: Formal(Whiteblazer, colored shirt inside most probably black, white pants, smart leather shoe), semi formal (bemi blazer, tank top, brown pants, white shoes), beach wear (boardshorts). and after that if we have time maybe we can try some shots with just pants on. you know like those on the men's health cover.

price would be if there's 10 photographers, $25 per person. If less than 10, $30 per person.

I need a studio though. wil try to get one.

hu's interested?

ohya.. i got make up artist
    haha
    Last edited by gerald15388; 24th May 2006 at 01:38 PM.

oh ya.. forgot the pics.. here they are.

YewKwang Photography

YewKwang Photography

Alex Photography

YewKwang Photography
    Last edited by gerald15388; 24th May 2006 at 01:37 PM.

it has been > 1000 views of this thread, how can u say very few ppl read this thread

acid test is good, and glad that u hv the guts to take up the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    it has been > 1000 views of this thread, how can u say very few ppl read this thread

acid test is good, and glad that u hv the guts to take up the challenge.
    why don`t you be the first to indicate your interest to show your enthusiasm. hee.

Deregistered

Who said we never shoot males...

--> KO xXxclusive

Quote Originally Posted by samsodyne
    why don`t you be the first to indicate your interest to show your enthusiasm. hee.

haha, thank you. i am not in the mood of doing any portrait shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Who said we never shoot males...

--> KO xXxclusive
    oh. i see. you shoot "male". too bad. the one over here is a male. and it isn`t for play. the male here looks much better than the "male".

Deregistered

oh. i see. you shoot "male". too bad. the one over here is a male. and it isn`t for play. the male here looks much better than the "male".
    Tsk tsk... looks are subjective... I would should my MOR-DER anytime. Tio bo MOR-DER?

Tsk tsk... looks are subjective... I would should my MOR-DER anytime. Tio bo MOR-DER?
    well, looks are subjective. no problem with that. then by all means, go shoot your oh so mor-der. don`t spoil this the chance of this young dude who has 100% more potential than the mor-der which looks oh so "attractive".

Deregistered

well, looks are subjective. no problem with that. then by all means, go shoot your oh so mor-der. don`t spoil this the chance of this young dude who has 100% more potential than the mor-der which looks oh so "attractive".
    Haha... 100% more potential? I've more confidence that I can make my MOR-DER 200% more power than this 100% potential model....

If he's capable, nothing to worry about spoiling chances. Don't have to be so uptight and worried...

Haha... 100% more potential? I've more confidence that I can make my MOR-DER 200% more power than this 100% potential model....

If he's capable, nothing to worry about spoiling chances. Don't have to be so uptight and worried...
    heh. too bad. the dude here is a model and not mor-der. nothing to be afraid since he`s not like some fake stuff. tsk tsk.

anyway, this is not a thread for spamming. it is for photographers and not "photographers".

Deregistered

heh. too bad. the dude here is a model and not mor-der. nothing to be afraid since he`s not like some fake stuff. tsk tsk.

anyway, this is not a thread for spamming. it is for photographers and not "photographers".
    Haha... you obviously think having muscles and acting tough makes a model...

Yeah, it's for people who shoot, not for people to who decide who shoots...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast