Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why no male models and shoots??

Deregistered

Default Re: Why no male models and shoots??

I've done male shoots before, it's not don't have, it's just not organised well. Most of the shoots themed are on looking pretty.

Men don't look pretty, it's a totally different ballgame, I'm not sure how many organisers can handle a male shoot

Males are pretty good to shoot actually.

To me, I feel that there is a degree of lack of confidence in the masculinity of the photographer when a guy shoots another guy. The photographer is afraid of being teased by his peers about his sexual orientation when he shows the pictures of males that he shot.

Couple this fear with the need to prove that they are straight and their hidden desires, you end up only with babe shots and other much left.

I have often wondered that if MITA ever allows Playboy and/or Penthouse to be published in here, would the number of such shoots go down?

Lol!

So who's interested in shooting males? Be it tfcd or tfc, I would love to have some pics of my own.
    Last edited by gerald15388; 20th May 2006 at 01:58 AM.

You must be gay or something to shoot males.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtanjk
    Hmm...then you must be queer to be shooting animals in the zoo?
    That's about one of the most biased and out-of-the-mouth-shooting statement I've seen in quite a while.

About the topic at hand, it's supply and demand. Most hobby photographers here don't have interest in shooting male models, and there's hardly any male models here advertisting themselves anyway. Maybe it's the culture here in Singapore also.
    Last edited by Ah Pao; 19th May 2006 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerald15388
    Lol!

So who's interesting in shooting males? Be it tfcd or tfc, I would love to have some pics of my own.
    Looking at the interest level here, no offence, but you'll probably have a better chance to pay someone to shoot a portfolio for you then calling for a TFCD.

Haha, if I had your body in your avatar, I wouldn't mind paying someone to shoot a portfoilo for me too. For posterity sake.

Thats uncalled for and totally irrelevant. I'd have an inkling you may be someone who's interested in photography (models) purely for the "babe" factor.

Anyway, ronwong, you've brought up a rather good topic. haha, i've been noticing that as well. IMO, i see most shoot okay stuff of "models" (using the term rather loosely here) posted in CS but very rarely do i see something that goes beyond the usual barrage of "wah the model damn hot! upz for you!". As a female, i look and go "hmmm okay. she is decent but not breathtakingly gorgeous" (though i have to concede, some of Gravemaid's models are quite hot. ) which makes me wonder if male photogs in CS are shooting models for the just well, cuz she's hot & they get free "show" especially incases of lingerie/fetish/etc or shooting it to improve their portfolio. Really.

im sorry if i offended anyone, none intended. just stating my own view. like what many said, freedom of speech and all that crap lah. lol.

The "you" does not refer to "you", it's just a figure of speech...

Quote Originally Posted by simplicity_
    Thats uncalled for and totally irrelevant. I'd have an inkling you may be someone who's interested in photography (models) purely for the "babe" factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Looking at the interest level here, no offence, but you'll probably have a better chance to pay someone to shoot a portfolio for you then calling for a TFCD.

Haha, if I had your body in your avatar, I wouldn't mind paying someone to shoot a portfoilo for me too. For posterity sake.

haha thanx man..

yea i agree with you.. the interest level here.. simply not there.. everyone's going for the nude shoots and stuff like that..

i've done tfcds before with a male photographer. my avator pic is done by him.. he's quite gd.. he taught me a lot of poses and how to present myself infront of the camera.

I don't think it's gay to shoot males if you're a male photographer.. i mean.. someone ever told me.. if u're a gd photographer.. u'll be shooting everything.. agree?

Sounds interesting.. I don't mind shooting guys, as their postures and expressions definitely require a different set of approach from the photographer.

It is good to learn more!
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

I guess we know why you shoot babes; not for other better reaons like beauty or learning or even money but for carnal desires...
    Last edited by Watcher; 19th May 2006 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waileong
    The "you" does not refer to "you", it's just a figure of speech...
    figure of speech or not, its still irrelevant...

Just to add: you mean if someone shoots animals, they are into zoophilia or beastality?

Talk about jumping to conclusion.

zoophilla??? tat's freakin sick dude...'lol!

I believe what silverfrond alluded to is something that is fundamental to photography and art.

Photogs photograph subjects they are interested in, that they connect to. The images they produce is a reflection of who they are, and what move them.

For many, it is pure hormones that dictate what they photograph and what they look at (in this forum).

But some are motivated by other considerations. One that comes into mind is tunster whose images attempt to create a story - often romantic in nature. And I will not be surprised if tunster is a through and through a diehard romantic.

So people photograph things that reflect who they fundamentally are, and what they are connected to.

And I think the main reason why people do not photograph male models is that they do not "connect" to them.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Most of the shoots themed are on looking pretty.

Men don't look pretty, it's a totally different ballgame, I'm not sure how many organisers can handle a male shoot
    Give them wigs, some lipsticks and tight short leather skirts.

They'll be pretty to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwong
    Understand that people like to look at beautiful girls, but there is still commercial needs for male models, like CYC shirts, don't see any events featuring them or any mention or interest in them at all here, is there no 'non-commercial' male model shooting? Or for the more, mixed, say a few girl and a few guy models in a shoot?
    why such a sweeping statement?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=157935
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=193621
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=183852
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=195814

not to mention skye tan's postings (although the pictures have been used commercially, by nature of posting here, i deduce they are also an extension of his artistic expressions), and the recent S11loop's tfcd sessions.

i do agree that there are really v few male pics posted for critique... and even fewer outings organized for the male form...

but i do believe that the male form is as interesting as the female form.. its a matter of how the pics are posed for and captured...

if there're more interesting outings i'd surely want to do a photoshoot....

lol. dude. if there was a shoot organized for a male model, would u be interested in joining the shoot?

Well, I would. It would be a challenge to do it great. I photographic challenges. I'm rather bored with the usual portrait stuff actually. I mean, if you don't "think" with your lower brain, how many bikini shoots can you do before it becomes boring?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast