Thread: photographs printed on ceramic plate

Default photographs printed on ceramic plate

Hi,

during my trip to Thailand, while we were getting on the boat,to visit phi-phi islands in phuket., we were photographed by some thai photographers, (he had non-digital camera,not sure?? a film camera SLR pentex K-1000),

after 2 hours when the boat was back, we were greeted by same man,with our photos printed on white ceramic plate, how is this being done??

thank you
    Hemvarsha

Default Re: photographs printed on ceramic plate

Quote Originally Posted by hemvarsha
    Hi,

during my trip to Thailand, while we were getting on the boat,to visit phi-phi islands in phuket., we were photographed by some thai photographers, (he had non-digital camera,not sure?? a film camera SLR pentex K-1000),

after 2 hours when the boat was back, we were greeted by same man,with our photos printed on white ceramic plate, how is this being done??

thank you
    Hemvarsha
    2 hours, hmm how long it take to develop a roll of film?

then solid leh, they print on it already, then u dun wan, can be erased?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

are you sure he is not just cut a photo paste on plate, and lacquer it?

anyway, for negative, the turnover time from film to print is only 25mins

Quote Originally Posted by hemvarsha
    Hi,

thank you
    Hemvarsha
    The photo are hidden below a transparent layer of the plate. I purchase one too at home.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie
    The photo are hidden below a transparent layer of the plate. I purchase one too at home.
    interesting but how come the photo doesn't melt under the solvent of the coating? what kind of coating u know?

i have heard of transfers using solvents to dissolve it and transfer to other surfaces before..

probably not some heat application coat. The other very cool way to do it and really cut it in is to get a lazer printer, Not the HP type, the real lazer printer that shoots lazer and cuts and burn wood metal plastic and ceremic. Cost about $7000.

They should be using some process which is pretty cost effective and pretty simple with the time span they're working with...they usually sell it for like 100-200 Baht (SG$ 4-8)? I got one after a trip at Kanchanaburi...
    if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

yes,i agree with you, as appeareance of the photgraphers,looked as though they were not into big investment type in photo gadgets.

also i am sure, the do have some solvent eraser, as very few people paid 150-200 B may be
    2 or 3 out of the whole group of 50 +

as the unsold photo-plates,am sure,they do not throw it, the photo is erased & plate again brought back to circulation,
    Last edited by hemvarsha; 19th May 2006 at 08:13 PM.