Thread: Where to get bar code scanner?

Default Where to get bar code scanner?

Any one had any idea where can I get a barcode scanner? And costing around how much? Does it come with the software to install too?

Be side, I know that I have to key in the information so that as to let the barcode scanner to identify it. But currently I had my information in the Window Excel, can I actually use the barcode scanner to scan on the code and get the information from the Excel?

Hope there are ppl know about these. Thanks a million.

Cheers.

Default Re: Where to get bar code scanner?

barcode is like convert lines to alphanumeric (paiseh, me not in tis line)

i bought 1 barcode scanner for fun b4, then test, then it will display text on words or anything lor...

and there seems to be alot of type, like UPC etc... most need money for the 'fonts' think only Code of 9 (think should be tis), is free.. but u make a long line, will be damn long code...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

actually the scanner is meant for my office usage. We had thousand of CDs and need to track down to retrieve the information. But the information had been done on the excel file.

So, was wondering when I scan the code on the CD, will the information be seen to excel. Or rather, we might need to redo the data base?

Oh my....

Quote Originally Posted by josho
    actually the scanner is meant for my office usage. We had thousand of CDs and need to track down to retrieve the information. But the information had been done on the excel file.

So, was wondering when I scan the code on the CD, will the information be seen to excel. Or rather, we might need to redo the data base?

Oh my....
    i dunno how u guys key into the excel, but i'd say if your CD cover have a barcode, you try to use a scanner to scan it, then u view wat kinda words are displayed... then u see if its exactly like the strings u write in your excel... if it is, then happy liao, if not, then too bad... think original CD uses UPC?

anyway, a barcode scanner literally is like a keyboard, but when it reads lines, it convert to alphanumerics, thats all, older scanners that use ps/2 will attach to kb then to system... u get the flow? the end results is characters... nothing funny... only thing is if the scanner can read or not...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Deregistered

My company specailises in bar code scanning/labels, printers etc. If you need, let me know I'll pass you my sales contact.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    My company specailises in bar code scanning/labels, printers etc. If you need, let me know I'll pass you my sales contact.
    ohh... ... next time i need i know who to call liao

scanners usually export the file to csv. Format, up to you to set. No issue at all. The code itself, since you are using it for internal use, I think the format is up to you to set, as long as its unque. If you are doing inventory then you need to use like EAN-13 format.

Hi, do you all do POS systems too? I am also interested. I am trying to implement EAN barcoding to our inventory and do POS also.

eh...I thought you work for Nikon?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ronwong
    Hi, do you all do POS systems too? I am also interested. I am trying to implement EAN barcoding to our inventory and do POS also.
    Eh that we don't, my company does mostly bar code stuff & RFID/AIDC. But should be able to work something out if you're interested.

espn, I PM you in a while as regarding the barcode scanner