Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Calling All Night Photographers

Default Re: Calling All Night Photographers

Up for my blog site. Cheers!

I just started on night photography myself. Been on my project list for a long time but finally got off my lazy ass to do it. I'm doing panos for now but the Mamiya 7 just arrived so will be shooting 6x7 in due time too.

uz for mezzo! Stil have not been able to get some time off from work to do some photography yet. Hope to meet all you guys in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I just started on night photography myself. Been on my project list for a long time but finally got off my lazy ass to do it. I'm doing panos for now but the Mamiya 7 just arrived so will be shooting 6x7 in due time too.
    Hello Terence! Thanks for dropping by.

I'm glad you started yr night photography. Doing panorama night shots will be more interesting and challenging at the same time as you need to include more details in each frame. More things to concern about i.e. surrounding lightings, camera settings, use of flash unit, etc. I believe you can do a great job.

Btw, I went for yr solo photographic exhibition at Basheer Bookstore last week. Your collection of B&W photographs are beautifully composed and well-exposed. Your photo-journalistic style and an-eye-for-details are certainly present in every single image. They certainly touch me in the sense that thru yr work I am able to see such worse poverty conditions in Calcutta. It certainly creates an awareness in me.

Compared to the life style we have here, we are really fortunate living here with wealth and many nutritious food where on the other side of the world, there are so many people still suffering from poverty, hunger and illnesses.

Well I hope to see more of yr photographic exhibitions and yr night photographs in the near future. If possible, you can post some of yr night pictures in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    uz for mezzo! Stil have not been able to get some time off from work to do some photography yet. Hope to meet all you guys in due time.
    Thanks rebbot!

How was yr tri-x 400 night photographs you took? Mind sharing with us at this thread for some of yr best night images. Would love to see them.

Lately I featured one of my friend's work at my blog site and will do likewise with other friends' work as well. Do free feel to check it out. Perhaps I can feature yours, if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint
    Thanks rebbot!

How was yr tri-x 400 night photographs you took? Mind sharing with us at this thread for some of yr best night images. Would love to see them.

Lately I featured one of my friend's work at my blog site and will do likewise with other friends' work as well. Do free feel to check it out. Perhaps I can feature yours, if you are interested.
    I actually have not got around to processing that roll yet. However, mainly test shots from around my place so nothing much. I actually do have a processed roll from the lomo horizon recently but my lack of knowledge on the cam film advance screwed up the pictures. Will be attempting another try when I head for hong kong next week.

Maybe then I do have more slides or pictures to share. I am currently builing up a photo album on my website. Am slowly uploading pictures as I was overloaded with work the past 2 months. Mainly landscape shots and some walkarounds. http://www.cameraezy.com/travellog/

I am thinking of attempting to do a series of themed night shoots around 7pm-9pm as that is about the only time I can make it. Not sure if you are interested to join me.

Cheers,
    Lester
    Last edited by rebbot; 26th June 2006 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Just wondering, is it difficult to use the pano adapter with the mamiya 7 as in loading and possibly rewinding film?

I am thinking of attempting to do a series of themed night shoots around 7pm-9pm as that is about the only time I can make it. Not sure if you are interested to join me.

It's alright Lester. So what do you have in mind for yr series of themed night shoots?

If it's something more personal such as yr own photographic project, it's best to do it all alone as you can concentrate and focus on what you wanna achieve. Trust me, based on my experiences, shooting in a small group tends to distract yr concentration and focussing on the kinda subject you're looking out for. When people gather and learn together, they interact and communicate with one another. Therefore they talk more than making pictures. Unless it's an organised night photography workshop or normal night outing. that will be a different story.

This was why in my earlier post, I wanted to gather everyone together for a meet-up and know-one-another session, before organising any night photography outing.

Let me know of yr night theme topics. Thanks.

It's alright Lester. So what do you have in mind for yr series of themed night shoots?

If it's something more personal such as yr own photographic project, it's best to do it all alone as you can concentrate and focus on what you wanna achieve. Trust me, based on my experiences, shooting in a small group tends to distract yr concentration and focussing on the kinda subject you're looking out for. When people gather and learn together, they interact and communicate with one another. Therefore they talk more than making pictures. Unless it's an organised night photography workshop or normal night outing. that will be a different story.

This was why in my earlier post, I wanted to gather everyone together for a meet-up and know-one-another session, before organising any night photography outing.

Let me know of yr night theme topics. Thanks.
    Thinking something along the line of bridges of Singapore, Famous buildings of the past etc where we will have to walk for a while You can come out with some themes as suggestions as well.

Cheers!

Thinking something along the line of bridges of Singapore, Famous buildings of the past etc where we will have to walk for a while You can come out with some themes as suggestions as well.

Cheers!
    Hi Lester,

Sorry for the late late reply. Yr ideas are not bad. So have you started shooting?

Besides going to these locations u mentioned, we can go to some old dilapidated buildings for some great nocturne photography or B&W photography. Places like Sentosa's old colonial buildings, Punggol end's Matilda House, Admiralty Road's View Hospital and so on, fi there's any more left.

Even shooting in the park can be enjoyable with some interesting scenes. Places like Bedok Reservoir Park, MacRitchie Reservoir Park, Changi Boardwalk, Labrador Park, etc. These are just some of my suggestions.

What do u think?

Wow, this thread disappeared for some time...good to see it back!

Unfortunately I sold my film camera a while back and I'm only left with an Olympus XA2 now that takes exposures up to 2 seconds. And it's only Programmed exposure as well. Some basic night photography should still be possible though if I load up some ISO 800 film.

New uploaded stuff on my blog site. Check it out if you have the time. Cheers!

New uploaded stuff on my blog site. Check it out if you have the time. Cheers!
    Hi Mezzotint,

It is very nice.
    The low angle shot of the shed is good.
    Thanks for sharing your work.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

New update on my blog site - Featured work by Digital Photographer, Vincent Hau (LPSS).
    Do check it out.
    Last edited by Mezzotint; 8th August 2006 at 11:46 AM.

Calling All Night Photographers
    Nowadays I normally shoot till 2am. But in a home studio.

That counts as a night photographer or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Nowadays I normally shoot till 2am. But in a home studio.

That counts as a night photographer or not?
    hi Sion,

Thanks for yr kind interest.

HAHAHA...! I think that was a funny question to ask. Well in my context of night photographers, they are people who travel outdoors during the night time, with their camera, tripod and misc gears to capture beautiful night sceneries or create artistic photographic work at certain place/location, anytime between dusk and dawn. I dun think it applies to indoors be it in professional studio or home studio. That's pretty common sense thingy, dun u think so?

No hard feelings mate.

Cheers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234