Thread: Where to get Wein HSD Hot Shoe Slave with a 150' Range, for Digital Cameras.

Default Where to get Wein HSD Hot Shoe Slave with a 150' Range, for Digital Cameras.

Any idea where can I get the Wein HSD Hot Shoe Slave with a 150' Range, for Digital Cameras in Singapore?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=502394

Does this hot shoe slave really works on my Canon 380EX or is there any alternative hot shoe slave that is easily available? I need it for my S3 camera. Also where can I get the bracket to hold the S3 to my 380EX?

Cheers

Joe

Default Re: Where to get Wein HSD Hot Shoe Slave with a 150' Range, for Digital Cameras.

Cathay is the Wein agent in Singapore

Default Re: Where to get Wein HSD Hot Shoe Slave with a 150' Range, for Digital Cameras.

This Wein slave is an optical slave, not a radio slave. I doubt if it has a 150' range, unless it is at night and your flash is the only one triggering it.

I have one of these and I have yet to use it up to 150'. It worked on my 550EX, so i guess it would be safe to say it will work on your 380EX. If you did want to try to use it up to 150', it would probably have to be line of sight to trigger the slave.

A Stroboframe or some other flash frame would probably work for what I think you are using it for.

As kahheng mentioned, you could go down to Cathay Photo and check out the strobe frames.
    Last edited by hondasleeper; 17th May 2006 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper
    This Wein slave is an optical slave, not a radio slave. I doubt if it has a 150' range, unless it is at night and your flash is the only one triggering it.

I have one of these and I have yet to use it up to 150'. It worked on my 550EX, so i guess it would be safe to say it will work on your 380EX. If you did want to try to use it up to 150', it would probably have to be line of sight to trigger the slave.

A Stroboframe or some other flash frame would probably work for what I think you are using it for.

As kahheng mentioned, you could go down to Cathay Photo and check out the strobe frames.
    The higher end Wein series indeed has a 150' range which Wein claims.