Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: as creative just digs deeper

Default Re: as creative just digs deeper

I believe they were doing it long ago with their patents on Sound Blaster. They were just claiming revenue off 3rd party sound card makers and suing those who did not respect their authority. Allegedly..

vince123123
    Guests

Assuming so, licensing is a valid model for patent exploitation.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    I believe they were doing it long ago with their patents on Sound Blaster. They were just claiming revenue off 3rd party sound card makers and suing those who did not respect their authority. Allegedly..

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    When I read the news this morning, I fell off my chair..... its like Steyr coming to Spore and saying we cannot sell the SAR21 to SAF becoz the design looks similar.....

Createef should go beck to being creative and start making good products at competitive prices.

Sigh....
    http://www.zdnetasia.com/insight/bus...58535-2,00.htm
    "Creative Technology is a perennial shadow, unshakable and, many feel, still a step behind Apple. Its founder and chief executive Sim Wong Hoo has had to borrow ideas from its better known rival, such as putting his signature onto the Zen player after Apple had a limited edition version with rock band U2's endorsement. "

I wonder what thought process managed to equate U2's endorsement to his own endorsement. Its like getting a Bill Gates signature on a XP installation disc.....
    Didn't Creative think they scored a deal when they managed to get PARIS HILTON to push the Zen Micro? Apple's got Bono. Creative's got Paris. Wheee!

Acutally, whenever I can, I'll support made-in-S'pore products. I really, really wanted to buy Creative MP3 players. Admittedly, they represent good value for money, features wise. But then again, their products are quite ugly and lack a certain "cool" factor.
    Last edited by synapseman; 17th May 2006 at 11:12 PM.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    why u all say creative products are bad? have u all even used 1 before?
    apple is just a flower vase with no real substance inside. creative easily win apple with their substance over form.
    yes, indeed i have. for some strange reason, it seemed like every creative product i bought was set to self-destruct the day after the warranty ended. and i'm not kidding. everything creative i've ever bought has in some way broken down on me way too quickly, and for no apparent reason. i love supporting singaporean companies, but what the hell? sim wong who?

just a comparision, my apple powerbook (i've been a convert for a year now) has worked better than any windows related thing i've ever bought, and works a zillion times better than any creative PC product i've ever had. apple a flower vase with no substance? ha. not only that, but my no name (ok it has a name.. wewa!! (serious)) korean mp3 player has lasted far far longer and worked better than the many creative zen micros that my friends have had.

creative

Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12