Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 88

Thread: Great Eastern Photo Competition

  1. #41
    Phildate
    Guests

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by devilsjaw
    Yeah Guys.... What Do They Mean By No Manipulation? Is Correcting Exposure, Levels, etc Allowed?
    I won't be submitting RAW files printed with no adjustments made. I think normal image adjustment is fine (levels, contrast etc..) but you cannot digitally enhance by removing/adding part of the image.

    How about B&W images though? I have a B&W picture I might enter but it has been manipulated to become B&W.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    星尬波
    Posts
    362

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    OoO just the picture itself lah ... hm thanks

  3. #43

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Good photoshop work won't looked photoshopped. As long as you think someone can tell its photoshopped then its manipulated. Or else it isnt.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by espion
    Good photoshop work won't looked photoshopped. As long as you think someone can tell its photoshopped then its manipulated. Or else it isnt.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    is selective-sharpening considered as digitally manipulated?

  6. #46

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    is using flash or a circular polariser manipulation?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    2,340

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Foreign Kids or Local Kids...

    Kids kids kids...

    my mind is now telling me: "no more kids. no kids no kids no kids for the competition." haha!

  8. #48
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Clue: ah peks

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    I won't be submitting RAW files printed with no adjustments made. I think normal image adjustment is fine (levels, contrast etc..) but you cannot digitally enhance by removing/adding part of the image.
    The rules & regulations say that all winners must submit their "original high-resolution digital image files".

    I guess all of us with be printing our images after adjusting levels, contrast, etc. Just in case some of us do win something... so do we submit the real 'original' image or the one after our adjustments?

  10. #50

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    anybody knows whether i can submit on saturday?

  11. #51

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Dateline's coming but my midyears are killing my time! ugh anyway, do we need to print out in 8R? I just saw an ad in the ST today mentioning that entries can be sent to jasminelim@lifeisgreatSomethingSomething.com ah i can't rememeber but near sports section (check it out if you will).
    So does it mean we dont have to send in prints though the participation form states so?

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by x-iii
    Dateline's coming but my midyears are killing my time! ugh anyway, do we need to print out in 8R? I just saw an ad in the ST today mentioning that entries can be sent to jasminelim@lifeisgreatSomethingSomething.com ah i can't rememeber but near sports section (check it out if you will).
    So does it mean we dont have to send in prints though the participation form states so?
    ST says enquiries can be sent by email or call her.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    ST says enquiries can be sent by email or call her.
    oh geez. my bad

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Just curious. What do they mean that all rights of the photograph is to be given to them?
    Does it mean that the winner cannot include that picture in to his own portfolio in the future? Not that the photo will be sold to another person or something. If the picture's a winner, obvious it should be pretty good.. and any sane photographer will wanna keep good photos in his portfolio... hmmm

  15. #55

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    what does it mean by composite photo or multiple exposure?
    From what i know, it is like blending two pic together. If you take any pic in bulb mode, will that be considered as multiple exposure?

    TIA

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Just wondering, point number two says that some information about the photo and the photoG should be included at the back of every print, does this mean that the entry forms should be pasted on the back of the photo or another seperate piece of paper?
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by the mac 13
    Just wondering, point number two says that some information about the photo and the photoG should be included at the back of every print, does this mean that the entry forms should be pasted on the back of the photo or another seperate piece of paper?
    I just use a pen to write directly on the back of the photo

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    I just use a pen to write directly on the back of the photo
    Wow, how about the entry form? Did you send that in?
    Last edited by the mac 13; 26th June 2006 at 04:32 PM.
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by the mac 13
    Wow, how about the entry form? Did you send that in?
    Yep, sent that as well

  20. #60

    Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

    As long ,open in photoshop, click....click.... and press ctrl + save.
    Should be considered as digital manupliation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •