Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Eastern Photo Competition

Default Great Eastern Photo Competition

The Great Eastern Photo Competition is back again, This year's theme: "Life is great"

Download Entry Forms from: www.lifeisgreat.com.sg

Submit your entries by 30 June 2006

Hehe, what are ya'll waitin for? Go shoot !

Default Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

Thanks for sharing...

A more direct link....
    http://www.lifeisgreat.com.sg/NASApp...est06_form.pdf
    For people like me who missed the little icon initially..
    2lives1path.com Photography
    Services :: Blog

None of the cynicism about contestants surrendering their copyrights, GE milking photographers, etc. please.

It's a free world, if they want to take part in the contest, they have to abide by the conditions. If you don't like the conditions, don't take part.

Wai Leong
    ===

Quote Originally Posted by waileong
    None of the cynicism about contestants surrendering their copyrights, GE milking photographers, etc. please.

It's a free world, if they want to take part in the contest, they have to abide by the conditions. If you don't like the conditions, don't take part.

Wai Leong
    ===
    Sounds so much like the organiser.

Blog Entries

for 10K I will gladly give up my rights

Have to print out the photos in 8R and submit it by post right?
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

agreed...$10K for rights, no problem...haha

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    for 10K I will gladly give up my rights
    I totally agree. Even for $6000 or $3000, wouldn't be a problem as well

Just to clarify, for digital pic,winners to bring CF card for as proved of true ownership of the image???

isn't that like last year's theme as well?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Blog Entries

every year same theme

a novice question: for the competition, do you need a model release for anyone regconizable in the pic?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    every year same theme
    Well its their slogan.

They want to use the photos for their advertising campaign. Print on their brochures etc. A theme like "Food Glorious Food" would yield images which are useless to them.

Its a very good idea actually. They get a whole range of photos to choose from, many professional to use for their ad campaigns. Whereas it would cost them about the same amount to hire a pro to do it, with far less variety and choice.

I don't see this as milking photographers and I'm not against it... gives small time photographers a chance to shine. Else contracts such as these will go to the established names. Of course if you're a professional photographer, you'll shun this. Takes away yr business and makes you compete for your $$, rather than hiring you outright which is guranteed income.

Of course you could argue that pros work hard to establish themseleves, and its only right they harvest the fruits of their labour, in terms of being sought after and hired for lucrative projects.
    Last edited by solarii; 16th May 2006 at 05:18 PM.

Whatever it is, be ready to be disappointed no matter how good your photos are. Some competitions require usual internal networking and affiliation. Unless the judging process is transparent and points based. You'll find year after year questionable winning photos which no one can explain why despite the instructors telling you to apply crop here and there, apply rule of 3rd or photo must be dead sharp. IMHO, some competitions are worth taking part some are just a poorly organised show you can just afford to miss. You can take it that I wrote this or heard it from somewhere.

Two words: foreign kids

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    Well its their slogan.

They want to use the photos for their advertising campaign. Print on their brochures etc. A theme like "Food Glorious Food" would yield images which are useless to them.

Its a very good idea actually. They get a whole range of photos to choose from, many professional to use for their ad campaigns. Whereas it would cost them about the same amount to hire a pro to do it, with far less variety and choice.

I don't see this as milking photographers and I'm not against it... gives small time photographers a chance to shine. Else contracts such as these will go to the established names. Of course if you're a professional photographer, you'll shun this. Takes away yr business and makes you compete for your $$, rather than hiring you outright which is guranteed income.

Of course you could argue that pros work hard to establish themseleves, and its only right they harvest the fruits of their labour, in terms of being sought after and hired for lucrative projects.
    i know and i am not against it.

Angry Re: Great Eastern Photo Competition

Quote Originally Posted by sportshooter
    Whatever it is, be ready to be disappointed no matter how good your photos are. Some competitions require usual internal networking and affiliation. Unless the judging process is transparent and points based. You'll find year after year questionable winning photos which no one can explain why despite the instructors telling you to apply crop here and there, apply rule of 3rd or photo must be dead sharp. IMHO, some competitions are worth taking part some are just a poorly organised show you can just afford to miss. You can take it that I wrote this or heard it from somewhere.
    This is definitely true especially when the price involved is huge and the judging is closed door.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Two words: foreign kids
    what's up with local kids?

Quote Originally Posted by billitone
    too 'clean' & 'well fed'
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow
    too 'clean' & 'well fed'
    Life too 'good'?
    Flickr|5DSR|a7Rii|24-70Lii|70-200Lii|15|17L|35L|40|85L|100L|MPE65|CV21|Batis25|S EL35|P807

Quote Originally Posted by billitone
    Simple. With all the school work, streaming, exam stress, Life's Not So Great For them.

I doubt you'll win showing depressed local kids crying cos they didn't get into XXX sch, or primary school kids lugging school bags bigger than a mountaineer's under the Theme "Life Is Great".
    Last edited by solarii; 17th May 2006 at 12:37 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast