View Poll Results: Is the Honda Jazz/Fit 1.3A underpowered?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 41.38%
  • No

17 58.62%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honda Jazz/ Fit

Default Re: Honda Jazz/ Fit

Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    In addition - if realy wanna talk about overall package, Jazz n fit still wins hands down in terms of resale value etc etc etc. esp when the latest Jazz became Jap make? correct me if I am wrong coz I saw n heard advert that its Jap make for the latest model
    Jazz in Singapore has been imported from Japan all along if not mistaken, while Jazz in malaysia is from the Thai factory.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    Jazz in Singapore has been imported from Japan all along if not mistaken, while Jazz in malaysia is from the Thai factory.
    the last series of Jazz is thai made

the last series of Jazz is thai made
    the pre-2005 models ?

Quote Originally Posted by ac240v
    my 2003 Jazz 1.3 i-DSI travels 17.4km/L.. modded air intake n changed to 195/55 R15 alloys.. stock condition i used to get 20.8km/L.. more frugal on petrol n faster pickup.. cos it's a manual..

seriously.. it's a good car to zip ard.. cost is slightly higher initially wen compared to swift, colt, aveo or getz.. but den think abt e amt of money u'll save on petrol.. my fren gets abt 11km/L on his gets 1.3 auto..
    20km/L is something that is very hard to achieve. Unless you are talking about traveling at 80km/h constantly on NS Highway. When I owned this car, I used to clock 14-16 km/L depending on driving behaviour. I tend to be heavy on the throttle. Manual Jazz does not really give better fuel consumption than the CVT. If you noticed CVT cruise at a lower rpm than the manual Jazz on 5th gear.

As for the money saved on fuel consumption, in my opinion it won't cover the premium you paid for Jazz. You dun see the saving cos you dun pay that up front for the car since it is covered by the loan. You pay premium for its one-of-its-kind look when it was first released as well as the Honda badge. Seriously speaking after owning two Hondas, these cars are really tough dispite the constant amount of abuse on the throttle. Honda is good at producing revvy engines. Nothing beats pure NA revving up to readline at 8600 rpm.

can consider toyota yaris if its in similar price range... very good compact car.

exterior definitely looks nice but interior kinda small for the back seats..
    still prefer Jazz/fit - you get the theatre feeling kinda seats..
    If you want thsi kind of seats, the YRV fits perfectly, as the rear seats are mounted higher than the front. But we are getting OT here.

exterior definitely looks nice but interior kinda small for the back seats..
    still prefer Jazz/fit - you get the theatre feeling kinda seats..
    If you want thsi kind of seats, the YRV fits perfectly, as the rear seats are mounted higher than the front. But we are getting OT here.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    I dun think there will be a Suzuki Swift GTi. The current available from parallel importer Swift Sport should be the most sporty Swift.

1.6i DOHC VVT 123bhp at 6800rpm, 148Nm at 4800rpm, 5sp manual, Recaro front seats, HID projector head lamp, twin chrome outlet rear exhaust, front & rear disc brakes, 195/50R16 wheels & tyres.

How much does it cost from parallel importers, any idea?

should be around $63k

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/D1010.php

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    the pre-2005 models ?
    yeah i think so..

Quote Originally Posted by allakazoo
    now the mit colt, jazz/fit are bound around the same design as the YRV. YRV no resale value though..

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    can consider toyota yaris if its in similar price range... very good compact car.
    too compact for my liking, personally im big in size n so is my family. For that price of such a compact car, I think I would be far better off with Jazz/fit

In my personnal opinion, we can't compare COLT / YRV / SWIFT with Jazz or Fit. Mainly because, of the built and quality of the car that HONDA make. That's why you don't find any road show for Honda OR Toyota. Whereas, you do find alot of road show for other car brands. It may be a bit pricely but think of the quality in the long run.

That's my opinion for HONDA cars.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot
    In my personnal opinion, we can't compare COLT / YRV / SWIFT with Jazz or Fit. Mainly because, of the built and quality of the car that HONDA make. That's why you don't find any road show for Honda OR Toyota. Whereas, you do find alot of road show for other car brands. It may be a bit pricely but think of the quality in the long run.

That's my opinion for HONDA cars.
    Yes agree and must think very carefully before sign the dot line. Work up to your budget.

Own a car has alot of hidden cost. Eg. parking, petro, insurance, road tax and maintenance fee after third years....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123