Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Direct, Ceiling, Omni or Card?

From what I read, the guideline is NOT to point forward when using Omnibounce, rather at 45 degrees.

Talking

Originally posted by shawntim
    From what I read, the guideline is NOT to point forward when using Omnibounce, rather at 45 degrees.
    but y ..........?? ...........

since uzing the omni bounce will decreaze the intenzity of light ............. az wat ckiang sayz ......... it stopz 3 stopz of light ...........

n if we dont point the flazh directly at the subject ............ izzin it like not uzing the flazh at all ............?? ............

Originally posted by FOOXX

but y ..........?? ...........

since uzing the omni bounce will decreaze the intenzity of light ............. az wat ckiang sayz ......... it stopz 3 stopz of light ...........

n if we dont point the flazh directly at the subject ............ izzin it like not uzing the flazh at all ............?? ............

For an omnibounce to work well indoors, you will still want it to reflect off the ceiling so pointing it at an angle is best.

Even when outdoors, you may not want to point it direct if you have an automatic flash as the light dispersed from the omni might interfere with the flash light sensor and cause the flash to squelch prematurely, resulting in underexposed pics.

About compensation,

If I really need to take a picture using an aperture setting, is it ok that I compensate by changing the ISO setting on my Flash?

Since it's a standard, no matter how we compensate, as long it's the correct number of stops, it should result in the same exposure right?

eg. supposed i have this settings for proper exposure.
    Flash ISO 200, F11; Cam F8

Can I compensate in this manner?
    Flash ISO 100, F11; Cam F11

Does this mean that the flash fires twice as much light with every ISO change?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12