Thread: Any Photoshop CS2 Gurus????

Default Any Photoshop CS2 Gurus????

Hello. I have a picture that I need to change the background only, simple pink clouds. I found the clouds under Filter > Render > Clouds. How do I actually get the clouds in the background. Do I have to extract the person from the photo and place them in the new background? If so, why does the size of the person change? Any help will be appreciated.

Default Re: Any Photoshop CS2 Gurus????

Person/Subject - upper layer ( need to 'cutout/mask' the person in order to do that)
    Background - bottom layer

To keep everything in the 'same size'. Your Image Size must be of the same dpi.

Planet Nikon

PM Clown, he tutors PS usage 1-1.

Default Re: Any Photoshop CS2 Gurus???? of my favourite tricks in PS...

There is an extraction tool in CS2 that you can use but I have always used the "manual erase" method. The extraction tool will save you a lot of time.
    Last edited by roygoh; 12th May 2006 at 07:31 AM.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

extraction method would depend on what original background your person was shot in front of...if it is simple, can just use extraction tool...if more complicated, can try find edges (create a new duplicate layer first)...or manually masking...or go to the library and find this book, Photoshop Masking & Compositing by Katrin Eismann...