Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh No! My wife found out liao....

Default Re: Oh No! My wife found out liao....

make her happy... u buy cam and lens.. u buy her bags lor.. since they like bags so much..

u sae LV no stock.. buy better one for her.. LP (LOWERPRO)!!!

yea... LP bags got alot of compartments and got 'built in raincoat'!! woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by niki
    make her happy... u buy cam and lens.. u buy her bags lor.. since they like bags so much..

u sae LV no stock.. buy better one for her.. LP (LOWERPRO)!!!

yea... LP bags got alot of compartments and got 'built in raincoat'!! woo hoo!
    and 1 LV = 5 LPs. Can choose any to suit the outing

Quote Originally Posted by zha
    and 1 LV = 5 LPs. Can choose any to suit the outing

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    simple what...

U buy....

she buy....

u buy...... she buy.....

she buy...u buy.....

end up with the complete collection...
    That's exactly what's happening man...
    Last time upgrade PC can camouflage, install inside casing throw boxes away. Cameras and lens is definitely not easy.
    The bad thing is wife also know a bit of lens and all, so she can tell the diff between a 70-200 f4L and a 70-200/f2.8L.

she can tell the diff between a 70-200 f4L and a 70-200/f2.8L.
    ur wifey power sia..

Quote Originally Posted by Inimatad
    That's exactly what's happening man...
    Last time upgrade PC can camouflage, install inside casing throw boxes away. Cameras and lens is definitely not easy.
    The bad thing is wife also know a bit of lens and all, so she can tell the diff between a 70-200 f4L and a 70-200/f2.8L.
    One solution is to hide a 70-200/f2.8L inside a 70-200/f4L casing.
    Last edited by Sion; 12th May 2006 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    A new Lens in the cabinet lah. What did you thought it was.

For almost 2 months, she did not realise that the 100-400L was inside the cabinet and when I took it out for outings. She thought it was my old 70-200.

However, last weekend, she found my receipt and manual for the lens and was shocked at the price. Well as usual, the NAG began.... lasted a few days.

How could she not notice such a big lens for that long and for the record, my dri cabi is in my bedroom and the lens is very visible (center tray right in front)

If only I didnt leave my receipt and manual on my desk (was reading the manual earlier), God knows when will she ever notice.
    I heard one man actually ate the receipt and committed the manual to memory to avoid wife findling out.
    Last edited by Sion; 12th May 2006 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I heard one man actually ate the reciept and committed the manual to memory to avoid wife findling out.

Eating the receipt and committing the manual to memory is only one part of it. How about the lens which some of the wives are able to recognise? Eat it up too?

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Eating the receipt and committing the manual to memory is only one part of it. How about the lens which some of the wives are able to recognise? Eat it up too?
    I think he bought a pumpkin and hollowed it up to hide the lens inside. Whenever he goes out shooting he carries the camera bag, tripod and the pumpkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I think he bought a pumpkin and hollowed it up to hide the lens inside. Whenever he goes out shooting he carries the camera bag, tripod and the pumpkin.
    Then his wifey's question will be: "Don't u get bored taking pictures of pumpkin every week?"

You guys are so sad, either hiding stuff from wife, or bluffing your wife.

My wife knows my hobby (costly one, that is) and she supports it (although we are certainly not rich). She can trust that I make purchases only when necessary or time to move on to better stuff, and with bonus money (either from boss or from sideline jobs). I can freely discuss with wife to decide concurrently the best buy.

We respect each other. If we hide this, hide that, 10 to 15 years later, when all the skeletons come out of the closet, surely end up with divorce, and that's NO NO! Everything should be joint decision. You know, two-become-one (even the Spice Girls sings that).

Quote Originally Posted by yowch

My wife knows my hobby (costly one, that is) and she supports it (although we are certainly not rich). She can trust that I make purchases only when necessary or time to move on to better stuff, and with bonus money (either from boss or from sideline jobs). I can freely discuss with wife to decide concurrently the best buy.

We respect each other. If we hide this, hide that, 10 to 15 years later, when all the skeletons come out of the closet, surely end up with divorce, and that's NO NO! Everything should be joint decision. You know, two-become-one (even the Spice Girls sings that).
    You are one of those rare breed. I guess many of us here really envy you. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by yowch

I prefer Madonna to Spice girls...."Papa don't Preach"......

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    You are one of those rare breed. I guess many of us here really envy you. Good for you.
    I think in the marriage vow there should also be a line:

"I take you as a faithful partner from this day onward. I offer you my solemn vow not to hide any secret of camera equipment purchase unconditionally in special offer or in winning 4D as long as we both shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Inimatad
    My wife eventually found out that the old film camera bodies that I had (that were secretly disposed of)have somehow morphed into a DSLR and some EF lenses. So to irk me, she went out to buy a DSLR too !
    I am still wondering what she's driving at as she does not have time for photography ! Sigh
    You could use it as a backup body. How thoughtful of your wife

My CFO lets me BBB so long as I also BBB things for her Only rule is no racking up credit debts, which I don't anyway... why pay interest to @#$% banks.

With my measly pay... long duration between each BBB though.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXcat
    Bro, now i am in ur position... the same goes to my b/f.. after he asked SB-800's price... from yesterday til NOW... still NAG....
    Other girls buy bags, shoes, (and they are probably the 1000th bag or pair they own)... You buy camera ok wot.

Unless you're like my wife... Buy bags, shoes... also buy handphones, prosumer cams, car parts....

Deregistered

My wives (yes) don't make noise about my camera gear.

Why? Because my bicycles are my wives

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    simple what...

U buy....

she buy....

u buy...... she buy.....

she buy...u buy.....

end up with the complete collection...

and then SELL! SELL! SELL! on CS b/s

Wow, didnt know that most of us are the same. Our spouse/GF/BF will sure make some noise whenever we BBB. Only a few lucky ones here are able to BBB without being Nag.

Danny, its not yr fault for getting the receipt for me, my fault for leaving the receipt and manual on top of my dricabinet.

If I let my wife know that I want to buy any camera equipment, den forget it. I will never get the chance to buy. Some $*%*&@@ stole my camera in 1996 but I only manage to buy my next camera in 2005. That's the consequences of discussion with your spouse on buying camera. Last year, when I bought my 350D kit, I told her it a present from my friends (1 friend cannot buy such an expensive present) for my birthday. Den the list started expanding, thanks to the B&S and outings. Those small items like 50mm lens, TC, bag, tripod flash etc are easy to pass. Saying its required for photography. Items need to explain are stuff like Dri cabinet, 70-200f4 (after 1 month) and finally(at the moment ) this 100-400L.

Its better to buy first explain later than explain first and never get the chance to buy. Remember if explain first and get negative response, den cannot buy. If buy after the negative response, HELL will break loose.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast