Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh No! My wife found out liao....

Default Oh No! My wife found out liao....

A new Lens in the cabinet lah. What did you thought it was.

For almost 2 months, she did not realise that the 100-400L was inside the cabinet and when I took it out for outings. She thought it was my old 70-200.

However, last weekend, she found my receipt and manual for the lens and was shocked at the price. Well as usual, the NAG began.... lasted a few days.

How could she not notice such a big lens for that long and for the record, my dri cabi is in my bedroom and the lens is very visible (center tray right in front)

If only I didnt leave my receipt and manual on my desk (was reading the manual earlier), God knows when will she ever notice.

Default Re: Oh No! My wife found out liao....

HAHA

i think you are there already. just need to slightly perfect your skills a bit more
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r
    i think you are there already. just need to slightly perfect your skills a bit more

Photography skill still a long way to go. Hiding Lens skill from CFO almost there. Can conduct classes soon.

If me i will say i sold my 70-200mm for a small profit then buy the 100-400mm 2nd hand lor.
    Then slowly she will accept.
    Follow by taking some pics of her and show her the bokeh,she might be impressed.

Time to buy something nice for your CFO.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    If me i will say i sold my 70-200mm for a small profit then buy the 100-400mm 2nd hand lor.
    Then slowly she will accept.
    Follow by taking some pics of her and show her the bokeh,she might be impressed.

Cannot leh. my 70-200 still in the cabinet.

She actually saw a few of the better photos taken with the new lens but she didnt know. She's not interested in photography lar which makes my outings somehow very restricted.

Maybe do a nice TFCD for her to make her happy. Her last TFP was done some years back.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Cannot leh. my 70-200 still in the cabinet.

She actually saw a few of the better photos taken with the new lens but she didnt know. She's not interested in photography lar which makes my outings somehow very restricted.

Maybe do a nice TFCD for her to make her happy. Her last TFP was done some years back.
    then tell her u sold a 70-300.. *300 bigger mah... girls see numbers, dunno simi size also...

then u say sold liao only top up a little to get 400...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    then tell her u sold a 70-300.. *300 bigger mah... girls see numbers, dunno simi size also...

then u say sold liao only top up a little to get 400...
    Den will create another problem. " when did you buy such an expensive 70-300?" or "I thought you told me the sigma 70-300 is only $385?"

Cannot lie any more else got bigger problem. anyway, she had stopped nagging liao. Maybe it Mother's day soon.... hinting something.

Hahaha.... at last huh ..... caught with your pant down.

If I have a CFO, I am in deep trouble ............ so many Ls

For almost 2 months, she did not realise that the 100-400L was inside the cabinet and when I took it out for outings. She thought it was my old 70-200.

However, last weekend, she found my receipt and manual for the lens and was shocked at the price. Well as usual, the NAG began.... lasted a few days.

How could she not notice such a big lens for that long and for the record, my dri cabi is in my bedroom and the lens is very visible (center tray right in front)

If only I didnt leave my receipt and manual on my desk (was reading the manual earlier), God knows when will she ever notice.
    HAHAHAHAHA that time you brought to lower pierce outing that 100-400L is yours?
    I Love You :)

I already got into trouble so many times with my CFO..... over camera & lenses. The last Canon 70-200 lens I bought got her face "black" for 2 weeks!!! Now I got to plan for my EF 17-40 next month.....with my concealment techniques.

Most likely she's going to notice the RED ring on the new lens sooner or later...... You see, she used to be a photographer too.... somemore Canon user, so cannot anyhow bluff also..... Nowadays, I keep my dri-cab locked at all times, and I'll bring the key to work.....

It's time to gaffer up your dry cabi door!

The moral of the story: Bedroom is for love not for dri cabi.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor54
    I already got into trouble so many times with my CFO..... over camera & lenses. The last Canon 70-200 lens I bought got her face "black" for 2 weeks!!! Now I got to plan for my EF 17-40 next month.....with my concealment techniques.

Most likely she's going to notice the RED ring on the new lens sooner or later...... You see, she used to be a photographer too.... somemore Canon user, so cannot anyhow bluff also..... Nowadays, I keep my dri-cab locked at all times, and I'll bring the key to work.....
    You can't hide your new lens forever, can you? It's only a matter of time she will discover it. So why not let her know now rather than be sneaky about it and worrying that she might one day discover it. At least you only gotta live with the "cold war" for a few weeks and u can openly admire and fiddle with your lens after that rather than live in "fear" for god knows how long until she discover it. Till then, you can't really enjoy the lens without worrying that she might find out.

Bah.... They can get a LV handbag for several hundred dollars which they probably would only use it once to match and keep it in cold storage for several years.

But the few thousand bucks we spent on a lens, at least we get some ROI out of it... From covering events, doing an occasional wedding here and there, etc. When we sell it in the future due to extreme lack of use, we still recover at least 75% of the original cost.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I wonder if they build dry-cab with hidden compartments?
    That would really useful ya?

Luckily my wife never bother my BBB..

Same here. My other half knows nuts about photography and doesn't bother about what photographic eqpt I have. Since I am more fortunate, I wished I had a lot of money to buy more lenses but money is always no enough. I don't have those white lenses. Maybe, she will notice it if I have one. Meanwhile, am living in bliss. Lucky me, huh?
    Last edited by redstorm; 11th May 2006 at 10:01 PM.

So it's that 100-400mm you used at lower pierce.
    So big that me and my friend sitting about 150m away notice straight away.
    Your wife 2m away no notice?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast