Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Should I wait till?

  1. #1

    Default Should I wait till?

    Hi Guys,

    Been eyeing a Canon 350D for the longest time, and would like to check
    with you guys if I should wait for the coming PC show in June?

    Most shops that I have been to so far for the past 1-2 weeks, quoted me S$1,550.

    Do you think I can get a better price than S$1,550 or many freebies for the same price?
    Anyway, which retailer is selling CANON for this coming show? Any idea?
    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    if you are not urgent for getting a camera, can always wait for a better offer..

    I have seen people wait from D30, and than D60, than come out 10D, follow by 20D, now have wait for 30D, maybe should wait for 40D.. it is quite fun waiting, so will never get a outdated camera.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Quote Originally Posted by cannonball
    Hi Guys,

    Been eyeing a Canon 350D for the longest time, and would like to check
    with you guys if I should wait for the coming PC show in June?

    Most shops that I have been to so far for the past 1-2 weeks, quoted me S$1,550.

    Do you think I can get a better price than S$1,550 or many freebies for the same price?
    Anyway, which retailer is selling CANON for this coming show? Any idea?
    Thanks in advance!
    $1550 is the usual price for the 350D kit. But if you want, u may want to consider the mid-range ones such as 10D, 20D and 30D.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I have seen people wait from D30, and than D60, than come out 10D, follow by 20D, now have wait for 30D, maybe should wait for 40D.. it is quite fun waiting, so will never get a outdated camera.

  5. #5
    Member shawnlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Happy waiting Cameras offered during the IT or PC fair will be RRP.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnlim
    Happy waiting Cameras offered during the IT or PC fair will be RRP.
    Agree!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  7. #7
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    buy now lar. no regret for sure.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Other shops such as AP will sell cheaper.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    I think the price at IT Fair will be more expensive, compared to those selling in shops (CP, MS etc). Just that they give more "freebies" during the IT Fair...So its up to you to decide if those "freebies" are worth the money or do you really need them.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    seriously just wait for the it fair...no harm waiting til then
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  11. #11

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    i feel its never the "best" time to buy....if u made up ur mind, buy now...move on (no offence)

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Don't wait.

    Just buy.

    Shoot first.

    Talk later.

  13. #13
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    deng dao hua er ye sei liao...
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    btw when exactly is the fair?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Don't wait.

    Just buy.

    Shoot first.

    Talk later.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Quote Originally Posted by wan
    btw when exactly is the fair?
    Heard is around early june.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    actually 20D price now is very attractive right? Below 2k? 350D released for sooo long and price never drop much

    The most attractive price point is when the replacement model just came out and they are clearing old stocks like the 20D.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    if you are not urgent for getting a camera, can always wait for a better offer..

    I have seen people wait from D30, and than D60, than come out 10D, follow by 20D, now have wait for 30D, maybe should wait for 40D.. it is quite fun waiting, so will never get a outdated camera.
    Agree. Since 300D came out, one of my friend is waiting, then 350D came out, he still waiting. For me I don't wait, buy shoot and enjoy, life is short why wait ?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    There's a neverending trend to newer DSLRs. Even if one has the latest DSLR, it'll be obsolete over time.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Eastside Singapore
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Should I wait till?

    Look up 2nd hand market dude. May be able to find some good treasure with the budget you have in mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •