Thread: Sponsorships?

Default Sponsorships?

Hmmmm with so Many Budding young photographers now... Isn't there like any sponsorships to boost their talents and passion? Or would you guys think that it will help boost the morale and standards by sponsoring youths today to push their limits??

Default Re: Sponsorships?

There is a University of Photography proposed by Dr.Tokina in the pipeline which would have sponsorships and scholarships and study prizes.

The young photographers just have to wait to find out whether it is a dream, a mirage or a crooked half-bridge?

Who wanna sponsor me ??
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Blog Entries

i also accept sponsorship.

I don't mind tokina sponsorship, show how good tokina lens are.

Does CP read this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    Hmmmm with so Many Budding young photographers now... Isn't there like any sponsorships to boost their talents and passion? Or would you guys think that it will help boost the morale and standards by sponsoring youths today to push their limits??
    perhaps, with the numerous 'many budding young photographers' around like you said, the dilemma would be deciding where the $ goes to without being 'unfair' to the others.

personally, i think using money and sponsorship as a carrot to "boost" morales and standards, is not a good idea. but i'm sure that's not what you meant la~ =)

if a photographer has real passion and drive, he/she will be able to make it regardless of sponsorships.

of course, having sufficient and ready cash to achieve what one wants definitely helps smoothen the road ahead...but will only work if the photog has what it takes in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    With the digital revolution, its hard to tell between these 3:
    - Serious hobbyist with a passion for the art
    - The wannabes who just wanna look good
    - Gadget chasers (self-explanatory)

Let it remain as it is now I feel. If one's really serious abt pursuing this art instead of being juz a wannabe, he'll seek out the avenues himself.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Yeah i agree with what some of you have mentioned. But what if some ppl have the passion to go throught test over a duration of time to earn that sponsorship? i believe with any equipment you can excel in a particular area. But with better and more spcific you can try to attain even greater heights in your art?