Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Feedback required

Default Re: Feedback required

Quote Originally Posted by artdirector
    Yes it is, links will be posted when the time is right. Remember this is a 2007 event not 2006. I am only asking for feedback. Some has been positive and supportive, some, perhaps quite rightly, not so. So be it.
    Ok, hang on a sec, this event is in 2007 and you have no proof of this, prehaps because there is no website or coverage on it yet which is fair enough, the event is a fair bit away.

But if you havnt planned that yet (the website and advertising) to show paying customers (which is what these photographers would be) then how can you already start to make plans for them and judge interest levels.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself, come back when you have a solid plan and a website to support it, im sure you will get a better response then.

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    Ok, hang on a sec, this event is in 2007 and you have no proof of this, prehaps because there is no website or coverage on it yet which is fair enough, the event is a fair bit away.

But if you havnt planned that yet (the website and advertising) to show paying customers (which is what these photographers would be) then how can you already start to make plans for them and judge interest levels.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself, come back when you have a solid plan and a website to support it, im sure you will get a better response then.
    I don't disagree, i only ever asked for feedback, this was not a proposal right. We will not start planning 2007 for a few months. This was a solicitation of views only, and as we can see most are not positive, so be it.

I don't disagree, i only ever asked for feedback, this was not a proposal right. We will not start planning 2007 for a few months. This was a solicitation of views only, and as we can see most are not positive, so be it.
    But why not plan first, so you having something solid to show people that are ultimatly going to be paying you their hard earned cash. Then the views you will be getting are probably going to be extremly different and less biased. Why get views on something essentially unimportant before you even have a plan?

But why not plan first, so you having something solid to show people that are ultimatly going to be paying you their hard earned cash. Then the views you will be getting are probably going to be extremly different and less biased. Why get views on something essentially unimportant before you even have a plan?
    Chicken or egg? You could look at it either way. I am asking for an expression of interest only at this stage. More information will be made available at the appropriate time when our planning is more complete.

Any need to post twice?

And your really not helping yourself here, with no plan there will be very limited interest, well, thats what i think anyway, with a plan you will get a better representation of responses, but its your thing, so go ahead, do what u want, dont listen to the people who would want to go on the event!
    Last edited by wildstallion; 15th May 2006 at 09:51 PM.

Any need to post twice?

And your really not helping yourself here, with no plan there will be very limited interest, well, thats what i think anyway, with a plan you will get a better representation of responses, but its your thing, so go ahead, do what u want, dont listen to the people who would want to go on the event!
    must have clicked twice, I've deleted offending item

I am asking for an expression of interest only at this stage.
    This was a solicitation of views only
    Really? Are you real?

ONLY?

Yet you had simultaneously started a thread in the workshop subforum. "First in a series of photoshoot opportunities" - with beauty queens

ONLY?

If you ingnore the cynicism here, the takeaway is quite simple.

a. If you have pretty models and reasonable prices, there will be enough takers for a shoot, if you just organise it as a model shoot. Come back when you have photos and models to show and we'll see.

b. However, if you want CS-ers to work for free shooting the event for you, it's not going to happen.

c. Even if you're not asking CS-ers to cover the event for you for free, even if shooting at the final is a perk and they get to keep all the pictures, the question is how much they would have to pay to get the privilege of joining your contest. Again, once you set the price, you'll know the interest.

In other words, you show your cards first, not the other way around.
    Last edited by waileong; 18th May 2006 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waileong
    If you ingnore the cynicism here, the takeaway is quite simple.

Did my cynicism chase the "artdirector" away? Good. Mission accomplished.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Did my cynicism chase the "artdirector" away? Good. Mission accomplished.
    Congrats

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234