Thread: iPhoto's creating coffeetable book function.

Default iPhoto's creating coffeetable book function.

Someone told me iPhoto in MacOS X can create coffee table book layout, I tried buy can't seem to save the pages into jpegs for print.

Does anyone know how? If not, is there any software for Mac I can buy to do coffee table book layout?

Thanksamillion
    Max 2.8

Default Re: iPhoto's creating coffeetable book function.

Anyone?

its the book printing function. what you can do is save the book as pdf file or print from there. if you want to access the individual pics, just open the pdf under cs2.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    its the book printing function. what you can do is save the book as pdf file or print from there. if you want to access the individual pics, just open the pdf under cs2.

Thanks Alvin,

Actually I want to save the pages up to send to lab for printing. When converting to pdf aand opening in CS , the colours and contrast and resolution affected?

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Thanks Alvin,

Actually I want to save the pages up to send to lab for printing. When converting to pdf aand opening in CS , the colours and contrast and resolution affected?
    colors i not so sure...but i think resolution should have some impact cos when u drop the photos into the iphoto template, the software takes care of the resizing..you lose control over that part of the process. if you ask me this iphoto feature is more for convenience and is sufficient for the casual user. give it a try anyway.

Aiyah......

Is there this kind of photo layout software for Mac?

Max,

U may use the 'Order Boook' button in iPhoto to prepare and arrange your coffee table book layout. However, the 'direct print' service is not available in Singapore. U need to have a US mailing address to enjoy the service. I once has a American friend that does it for heer wife's B'day, and get'em sent to US embassy in Singapore. Very well done.

Juz like iTune Music Store, it is one of those things that make s'pore mac users feel '2nd class'

I do heard, however, there are local printer that can do that for you, althought i am not sure how it can be done.

Cheers!