Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help deciding between Canon S3 IS and Panasonic FZ-7

Default Re: Need help deciding between Canon S3 IS and Panasonic FZ-7

Quote Originally Posted by Kagetsuki
    I might even wanna try out IR photography (dammit~ the colours are amazing on IR) Maybe u cld advice me on that?
    Dont know abt the FZ7, but I have used my S2IS for IR. Still trying to learn how to shoot proper IR though, I cannot get the same pics some other S2 users have achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrus
    Think you need an adaptor for the FZ7. Maybe Hexlord can confirm.
    S3IS adapter from Lensmate should be Sgp$50. Metal, the finish is the same as the camera. Do not bother with the Canon adapter.
    i think filter adaptor comes FOC. its extra $$ ler. $50 for a piece of plastic bit ex hor?, extra batt diff story.

no, i not getting a new cam...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    extra batt diff story.
    Yeah, that is the problem with Li Batts. I still prefer using AA, you can just pop into a shop and get a set if yours run out of juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagetsuki
    I read like 3-4 reviews for each camera...(until i might be getting confused~) I'm leaning towards the fz7 cos it's also more lightweight than the S3. And also Leica lens appeals to me more.

I'm not sure which camera produces better colours. Or which camera wld pose more of a problem for me when looking for add-ons (lens adaptors,filters, blah blah...). This camera would be used for ALOT of purposes~ I might even wanna try out IR photography (dammit~ the colours are amazing on IR) Maybe u cld advice me on that?
    Generally both of them have an ample amount of suitable third-party add-ons, you can always ask around in CS or in other photo forums like Dpreview!

For IR, I have to admit that I am have not dabbled on it yet.. but again, there's a lot of ppl around at the IR sub-forums here in CS, maybe they can help you better! Alternatively, you can try your hands at converting some of your colour photos to IR.. there are books and techniques on the Internet to teach you.

As for the camera being used for a lot of purposes.. yes, both the cameras are suitable.. unless you want to get a Canon G6 (That would be another type of camera lah, not a super zoom camera but works great at night!)
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

Those tube adaptors you can look on Ebay. Those Hong Kong seller's item are very reasonable priced.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12