Thread: Handphone Service Scam

Default Handphone Service Scam

Hi guys,

In regards to the previous post Charged $1 for receiving an unsolicited CNY greeting SMS, i would also like to let you guys know that i've received few charges from different companies.

Though i've never received any bills from mTouche before, i've recieved it from various companies stated below.

Buzzcity - Tel 63953758 ---------- $15.00
    Code Wireless - Tel 63958294 ------------ $20.00
    Funmobile - Tel 64383511 --------- $139.72
    WebW@lker - GA -------$15.00
    WebW@lker - MFA -------- $5.00
    ZingMobile - Tel 65361607 --------- $20.00
    eFusion WAP ------- $33.00

I've called up those companies that have the phone numbers stated in the bill to verify with them. However, they said that i've downloaded some contents from their WAP site few months ago and once i've downloaded from their WAP site, charged will automatically be charged every WEEK. They said that they did send a reminder sms to me stating that if i were to reply CY OFF, they will stop subscription. I admit that i did receive the sms. However, i did not reply as i thought it was similar to those spam emails to see if your hp number was valid. This has happened for a few months already and i've stupidly paid for the previous few months before realising what happened.

I would like to know if this happened to anyone else here and what did you do ?

This few companies told me that they already stopped the subscription and will stop the next billing.

But i hope that others will not get cheated as well.

Regards,
    Mark

Default Re: Handphone Service Scam

this is true i believe. it's like once my younger brother aged 13 dl-ed a wallpaper or a ringtone off the net or by calling some newpaper ad number. he was charged $5 for every sms he received and he receieved like one every three to four days. and he didn't think it matters but it was stated in the sms but he just didn't tell us.

that's why they are earning that much and able to post a full page of this kinda advertisement in the papers daily =)
    I Love You :)

Default Re: Handphone Service Scam

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    this is true i believe. it's like once my younger brother aged 13 dl-ed a wallpaper or a ringtone off the net or by calling some newpaper ad number. he was charged $5 for every sms he received and he receieved like one every three to four days. and he didn't think it matters but it was stated in the sms but he just didn't tell us.

that's why they are earning that much and able to post a full page of this kinda advertisement in the papers daily =)
    then what did you do at that time ??