Thread: Shooting MotorBikers With Oly DSLR

Default Shooting MotorBikers With Oly DSLR

A small group of Club Mytikas members were invited to cover Militia Rider's 7th anniversary with their equipment. It was a rainy night & the E1/E300s handled shooting in the rain with aplomb.

The full album of selected images are available at :
    http://www.mytikas.org/portal/album_cat.php?cat_id=15

Cheers,
    Last edited by chancy; 10th May 2006 at 11:01 AM.

Deregistered

Default Re: Shooting MotorBikers With Oly DSLR

I am a pretty hardcore biker, and the pics of a bikers' gathering with heavy boozing does not go down well for me.

Nice photos though.

Hi Plastic,

The intent is to capture & document some aspect of local bike culture which doesn't feature much in local scene, in this case, it's an anniversary celebration and many local bike groups participated, so hairs were let down, club patches & shirts exchanged & booze flowed rather easily; I believe the photographers went into this project with an open mind. The bike people are a friendly lot, and do local charity work, it was an organised event. I did not at any point in time feel uncomfortable, in fact, I found discos to be much more unbearable in comparison :-)

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers,
    Last edited by chancy; 8th May 2006 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chancy
    Hi Plastic,

The intent is to capture & document some aspect of local bike culture which doesn't feature much in local scene, in this case, it's an anniversary celebration and many local bike groups participated, so hairs were let down, club patches & shirts exchanged & booze flowed rather easily; I believe the photographers went into this project with an open mind. The bike people are a friendly lot, and do local charity work, it was an organised event. I did not at any point in time feel uncomfortable, in fact, I found discos to be much more unbearable in comparison :-)

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers,
    Hi, I think what Plastic meant was, riding and heavy boozing is a bad combination!!

Yes, bikers are a friendly lot.....and I am one!

Safe riding......and shooting!!

Quote Originally Posted by redStX
    Hi, I think what Plastic meant was, riding and heavy boozing is a bad combination!!

Yes, bikers are a friendly lot.....and I am one!

Safe riding......and shooting!!
    Yeah! When you drink, dun ride!

Deregistered

Opps... what meant to a "public announcement service" might have been read differently... no, the pics are great, I have my fair share of biker friends, but seeing them boozing made me think "are they riding home after this?" and it triggered off the paternity instincts in me. That is all... the shots captured the celebrative moments well... no doubt about that.

Hello,

Owing to feedback from here & elsewhere :-) we're taking some bike photos offline.

This is action by no means an end in itself as we continue to monitor responses, we respect the sensibilities of our viewers while trying to preserve a slice of our reportage, it is a delicate balance & we welcome further feedback you have at our site.

Thanks & Cheers,

Saw this ad when driving in NZ recently.

Drink.
    Drive.
    Die.

Should have taken a shot of the billboards.