Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 打开我的心窗

Default Re: 打开我的心窗

A polarizing filter is made from a thin sheet of polarizing material which is laminated between two circular pieces of glass and mounted in a frame. You can then rotate the filter while it’s fastened to the lens, affecting the filter’s angle of polarization and thus altering the amount of polarized light in the scene which can pass through. Also, regardless of angle, a polarizer reduces the amount of light entering the lens - it can act as a neutral-density filter in this regard, typically costing a little more than a stop of light.

Polarizers are useful for cutting reflections from water and glass (ie: non-metallic) surfaces. They’re commonly used for cutting reflective glare off of windows, or for taking a photo of a lake without a reflection on the lake surface, for instance. They can also be used to increase colour saturation of blue sky (since light scattered by Rayleigh scattering is polarized) and of certain types of vegetation. Note that the effect of a polarizer on the sky varies depending on the angle to the sun (Brewster’s angle). So a very wide-angle lens with a polarizer will demonstrate differing amounts of polarizing across the frame.

There are two basic kinds of polarizers - linear and circular. Linear polarizers work well with manual focus cameras, but they interfere with autofocus cameras. Circular polarizers contain another element - a “quarter wave” plate - which ensures compatibility of the filter with autofocus systems. So if you’ve got an autofocus camera be sure to use only circular polarizing filters.

wow... it looks great!
    Love the composition...

I love it too! Gives me the exact feelings that your words described!
    Videographer @ A Merry Moment

Default Re: ??????

Quote Originally Posted by E500
    It is a very beautiful afternoon, the clouds are spectacular and I can't stop myself climbing out the windows and took this shot....

WOW.
    i love this pic!!!
    the angle.. the composition.. the colors...
    oh my..........
    i'm speechless now.....

Deregistered

"打開天窗。擁抱晴天。"超屌!

Its like the opened windows hugging the sky. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by E500
    A polarizing filter is made from a thin sheet of polarizing material which is laminated between two circular pieces of glass and mounted in a frame. You can then rotate the filter while it’s fastened to the lens, affecting the filter’s angle of polarization and thus altering the amount of polarized light in the scene which can pass through. Also, regardless of angle, a polarizer reduces the amount of light entering the lens - it can act as a neutral-density filter in this regard, typically costing a little more than a stop of light.

Polarizers are useful for cutting reflections from water and glass (ie: non-metallic) surfaces. They’re commonly used for cutting reflective glare off of windows, or for taking a photo of a lake without a reflection on the lake surface, for instance. They can also be used to increase colour saturation of blue sky (since light scattered by Rayleigh scattering is polarized) and of certain types of vegetation. Note that the effect of a polarizer on the sky varies depending on the angle to the sun (Brewster’s angle). So a very wide-angle lens with a polarizer will demonstrate differing amounts of polarizing across the frame.

There are two basic kinds of polarizers - linear and circular. Linear polarizers work well with manual focus cameras, but they interfere with autofocus cameras. Circular polarizers contain another element - a “quarter wave” plate - which ensures compatibility of the filter with autofocus systems. So if you’ve got an autofocus camera be sure to use only circular polarizing filters.
    thanks dude for the very detailed explaination u rock

Simple but well executed bro!
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Thanks guy and I am glad that you all like it. I'm happy.

you've shown nature in its full glory.. (or as full as it cld be leaning out the window). amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by simplicity_
    you've shown nature in its full glory.. (or as full as it cld be leaning out the window). amazing!
    Thanks simplicity...you have a lot of good pictures too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12