Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kitten Found!!!

Default Re: Kitten Found!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newkidontheblk
    yes, they do not like to pee and poo in same pan. they choose where they want to pee and usually conform to that.

as for food, my feel is for local cats no need for such high class diet. have 3 local cats, oldest 9 yrs. fed her whisky and friskies for yrs and no prob. think science diet for pedigree cats. anyway they get sick of same food after a while
    actually friskies and whiskas are like junk food for the cats. its very very high in salt contents, u can tell just by smelling it. short term, there will be no obvious health problems, but these brands are usually associated with urinary tract infection and other kidney problems.

my cats are like my kids, you wouldnt feed junk food to them all the time would u?

i feed my cats science diet, little pricer but at least i know they're getting proper nutrients.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning
    Thanks for the advice. We are till monitoring her progress. We have in fact two litter pan. We read somewhere that they need to big area to pee and poo. They do not like to pee and poo at the same area. She plays at the litter pan once in a while, so I guess it is not too big or high for her.

Will update on how she is doing again.

Now my beed has been walled up, to prevent her from climbing on to play! Slowly introduing dry (kitten) food to her. But she seems to like to wet food. Has been feeding her with "Science Diet" wet and dry food for kitten. Is this a good brand?
    ya, think cats usually prefer wet food. took me a long time to wean my kitten (then) off the wet food. had to "starve" her for a day before she finally succumbed to dry food. no choice, cuz if she always had 2 choices presented in front of her, she would obviously take the one she prefers. *heart pain* though.

I second furrypaws on whiskas & friskies being junk food. they do more harm than good to yr cat. do not risk her health over that few $$. I dont even advise feeders to feed e strays with those.

Another brand u can try is Nutro Kitten...

Cheers

I was advice to feed the cats with science diet to avoid complication when they are old. Saving money on food and later donating it to the vet is certainly a no no to me also.

This little girl was so cute, everytime when I go home, she will wobble wobble out of my cupboard (her sleeping place) and greet me with a loud meow, then wobble towards me and rub a body against my leg, then look at me and yawn. After that she will start tabbing on my leg with her paws to want me to carry her. If I fail to carry her, she will give me a soft and faintling meow a few times to indicate her intention.....heart melt.

Didn't know cats are that affectionate, use to think they are aloof and proud. I am wondering if such affection is only shown when they are a kitten.

U're a lucky fella...

yes, cats CAN be very affectionate, BUT not every cat is as affectionate. just like humans, every cat has a unique temperament and characteristic. different cats have different ways of showing their affection. my cats will surely run up to me whenever i come home just to greet me.. they will allow my "violent" session of hugging and smooching before struggling to get away... heheheh... only 2 of 4 are lapcats.. will happily sit on my lap while i use the pc.. the others? not a chance.

i'm glad u kept this cute little girl... she's the chosen one to transform u into another converted catlover

all the best in your journey, u will soon find many other amazing things about them!

Didn't know cats are that affectionate, use to think they are aloof and proud. I am wondering if such affection is only shown when they are a kitten.
    ha ha ha... guess u know how i ended up with 16

I can give u a resounding assurance that catz are just as affectionate as dogs. I'm not joking but my catz would be at the door long before i near my unit. They have such great hearing and could identify our footsteps. Anyone else walked past, they bo chap!

Catz r aloof, tts their character... but all my catz respond to their names and come when called. Do yrself a favour, carry her as often as possible, and whisper her name softly into her ears repeatedly. She'll be so used to it tt when u call her next time, she'll come to you obediently. I trained mine since they were young.

Cheers

Yeah, I was thought I was a dog lover until I interact with her. In fact the are cleaner then dogs. Today I tried to walk as softly as possible in my room to see if she can detect that I am home. And sure enough she came out of her bed and meow and does her usual greetings! so cute! Then after that the wants to play "Catch your hand game". she will do her leopard crawl and then jump at my hand! Is it okay for her to continue to nibble at fingures? Is that a good habit to cultivate? Some say it is good to play and train their psychomotor skills!

Thanks for all the tips, learning more each day!

unlike dogs, catz do not bite. they scratch more often but generally to protect themselves or jump on u accidentally....
    so if u notice, she doesnt sink her teeth into u. more like clamping with her mouth to ward u off.

i play rough w my catz all e time, esp my 9.4kg super heavywight sumo cat....

Wah you have sumo cat, I have sumo rabbit. But only 3KG!

Glad you are having lots of fun with Velcro! See, cats are affectionate too if they are given love.

Agreed on Whiskas and Friskies... One of my cats has gone for 3 operations to clear a blocked urinary tract thanks to magnesium build up... Eventually, his "precious" had to go... now he's neither "here" nor "there"...

I would not encourage her biting your fingers. If you want to train her motor skills, get her lots of cat toys...
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetine
    We ocassionally have the Kitty 500 (similar to Indy 500 but with furballs) in our house. If you don't pay attention to all the running sounds, you might see a 2kg furball running really fast towards you. If you are even luckier, it'll be a 3.5kg furball.
    [OT Mode on]
    Allow me to introduce the contender, 8.8kg Shadow!!!!

His 3.5kg companion Mei Mei...(terribly camera shy so the shots aren't focussed at all, my apologies)

And last but not least, the possibly(cos it's been awhile since I weighed this one) 6kg Tasha, youngest but the most disobedient of them all!!!

[OT Mode off]

BTW I feed my cats Nutro for dry food and then occasionally treat them to Solid Gold canned food.

FWIW, my vet has told me even Science Diet isn't that great for 1 of my cats due to some throat problem that he has so it's organic food all the way for them.
    Last edited by G-man; 17th May 2006 at 01:00 AM.

Wah, so FAT!!!!
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    [OT Mode on]
    Allow me to introduce the contender, 8.8kg Shadow!!!!

His 3.5kg companion Mei Mei...(terribly camera shy so the shots aren't focussed at all, my apologies)

And last but not least, the possibly(cos it's been awhile since I weighed this one) 6kg Tasha, youngest but the most disobedient of them all!!!

[OT Mode off]

BTW I feed my cats Nutro for dry food and then occasionally treat them to Solid Gold canned food.

FWIW, my vet has told me even Science Diet isn't that great for 1 of my cats due to some throat problem that he has so it's organic food all the way for them.

Organic Food, can explain a bit more what you gave them, does that explain their weight?

Wah you have sumo cat, I have sumo rabbit. But only 3KG!
    ya he's 2 fat.. doctor's advice

now he's on Hills Prescription WD food, to help reduce his weight..

Organic Food, can explain a bit more what you gave them, does that explain their weight?
    Well, Science Diet contains allergen(sp?) which although generally ok for domestic cats, isn't quite suitable for my fat one as he had a major operation on the throat 2 yrs back. So vet suggested feeding him Nutro or Solid Gold cat food as those are "natural" so to speak.

The fat one's weight is due to his greed, nothing else. Oh yes, after sterilisation(which is strongly recommended), all cats go through slight hormonal changes and put on weight. It's still a better option than them going in heat, making loads of noise and running off somewhere to find a mate, thereby risking getting run over etc.

Also if u live in a high rise apartment, note that cats DO NOT always land on their feet, despite the popular myth. The MAY survive a high storey fall but that's due more to luck than anything else. Cats reach terminal velocity at around 6-7 storeys so anything less than that, they risk certain serious injury while anything more than that is a 30/70 chance. 30% they survive(doesn't mean no major injury) and 70% chance they become a permanent spot on the concrete pavement. Reaching terminal velocity means the cat generally relaxes its muscles and therefore spreads itself out, kindda like a parachute. It's complicated lah, but just make sure your cat isn't at the balcony or window ledge. If you have grilles, the best thing is if the grilles are 8cm or less for the hole. If not, then just take extra precaution. Cats don't always know what they're doing and sometimes get distracted by birds/insects and forget they're on high ground.

i love fat cats! too bad Yoko my cat in sg is only around 5 kg

anyone tried the silicone kittie litter? Eric my other cat(that i keep in china) has been using that and my bf said its really good, you just clean the poop off the top and dont have to worry about the piss cos the silicone absorbs all of it. at the end of the month, jus throw the remnants away and replace. walla! sounds terrific. and best bit, theres no sand in it to mess up your house

Quote Originally Posted by silverfrond
    anyone tried the silicone kittie litter?
    You got a brand name for it? I'm interested to know what this does too, since it helps with keeping my place relatively stink-free.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfrond
    i love fat cats! too bad Yoko my cat in sg is only around 5 kg

anyone tried the silicone kittie litter? Eric my other cat(that i keep in china) has been using that and my bf said its really good, you just clean the poop off the top and dont have to worry about the piss cos the silicone absorbs all of it. at the end of the month, jus throw the remnants away and replace. walla! sounds terrific. and best bit, theres no sand in it to mess up your house
    i've tried the silica gels beads type. it is relatively absorbant and odour free, but its not suitable for multi-cat households.. i've got 4 and i think its too expensive to be using silica beads. i dont like it for a couple of reasons:

1) too expensive to maintain;
    2) the beads start to bounce about when they leap out from the bin, unlike sand, it stays outside the region of the bin, the beads starts rolling everywhere. to counter this, u mite wanna get those flat type, not the round beads;
    3) it doesnt coat the poo well... they may end up stepping on the poo and then u get poo paw prints everywhere on ur floor. at least for sand, they can bury it well. and the sand coats the poo well too.

i've been using clumping sand for years, no complaints so far.

just my 2 cents
    Last edited by furrypaws; 18th May 2006 at 11:53 PM.

Humm....I can imagine what you are saying.....

Anyway...update on my cutie...she is bigger now and very naughty!

More pics at :http://victor.punggol.org

Cheers

she's so lovely ~~

look so tiny sleeping on ur chest

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast