Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Ballot

Default Re: Election Ballot

Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    Just went for voting today. However I notice something today that I found disturbing. The ballot paper had a serial number. Ealier on before I got the ballot they tore it from a booklet where the guy there wrote my number. Any others who notice this.
    Only 3 persons know how you vote: Chairman of Electoral Commission, God and you.

o_o my dad is overseas in china now. and my mum just told me he's not coming back today as well. how? lol and i heard from my dad's workers that if wanna go overseas gotta apply some form of leave or something. can anyone confirm this?
    I Love You :)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    or buy 4D, TOTO
    I remember the number of my ballot paper is 7498400276592231265974.

But which one to choose to buy for 4D hah?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I remember the number of my ballot paper is 7498400276592231265974.

But which one to choose to buy for 4D hah?
    Not the ballot paper, lah. The poll card which they sent to your family has an individual serial no. on each of the segmented card. My serial no. is 4 digits. Just nice to buy 4-D.

Quote Originally Posted by emcee
    maybe the serial no is for counter check purpose ...

if no serial no. how to know whether the ballot sheet officially issue out by the polling official or not...
    But on the actual ballot. If its on just the booklet itself I can understand but not on the actual voting slip.

But on the actual ballot. If its on just the booklet itself I can understand but not on the actual voting slip.
    they can do a discreet one, using UV light then can see type... but den again... must be cost issue... or otherwise...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Smile Re: Election Ballot

congratulations! perhaps you are a first time voter. the home affairs minister has addressed this issue many times before. it is a measure to ensure the ballot paper is authentic. but, my view is that the ballot paper has other security features on/in it, so why the need for a serial no which can be traced to the voter in question?

Just went for voting today. However I notice something today that I found disturbing. The ballot paper had a serial number. Ealier on before I got the ballot they tore it from a booklet where the guy there wrote my number. Any others who notice this.

U sure they wrote on the actual voting slip? Strange. I noticed they wrote the serial no. of my poll card only on the counterfoil of my voting slip.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Not the ballot paper, lah. The poll card which they sent to your family has an individual serial no. on each of the segmented card. My serial no. is 4 digits. Just nice to buy 4-D.
    mai tu liao, just gimme the 4 digits now.... im eyeing for the 17-55/f2.8 for a while liao, but still short of some money lei

U sure they wrote on the actual voting slip? Strange. I noticed they wrote the serial no. of my poll card only on the counterfoil of my voting slip.
    Look behind the voting slip. The reason I look my friend ther is serial number on it.

Smile Re: Election Ballot

is there a electoral commission in singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Only 3 persons know how you vote: Chairman of Electoral Commission, God and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    mai tu liao, just gimme the 4 digits now.... im eyeing for the 17-55/f2.8 for a while liao, but still short of some money lei
    Ok, lah, I will PM you my serial no. Do u have 4-D luck? Hope to rub on some of your luck. Hang on, will PM you now.

i also do not agree having the serial number there, it makes it so suspicious. And when suspicion is aroused, trust becomes fragile.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Ok, Yeowww, 4-D winning numbers PMed to you.

Seriously, i think Big Brother's watching everything.
    It would not take them that long to find out which way you voted if they wanted to. Otherwise they would not be able to produce demographic breakdown of the votes cast. It may not be available to the general public or event the OTHER parties, but I am sure JUNIOR will get this report if he did not get his 85% at a particular GRC ....

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    congratulations! perhaps you are a first time voter. the home affairs minister has addressed this issue many times before. it is a measure to ensure the ballot paper is authentic. but, my view is that the ballot paper has other security features on/in it, so why the need for a serial no which can be traced to the voter in question?
    I guess the serial no. written on the voting slip is to prevent fraud where extra slips could not slipped into the ballot boxes making it difficult to authenticate it from the genuine voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean
    Seriously, i think Big Brother's watching everything.
    It would not take them that long to find out which way you voted if they wanted to. Otherwise they would not be able to produce demographic breakdown of the votes cast. It may not be available to the general public or event the OTHER parties, but I am sure JUNIOR will get this report if he did not get his 85% at a particular GRC ....

With all voting slips serial numbered and the serial no. of your poll card written on the counterfoil of your voting slip, if they wanted to, it is possible to trace which way you voted. Whether they have done it or will do it, should any of the GRC goes the other direction, is another story.

The calling out of your name & the 4-digit serial number is for the POLLING AGENT (the witness from each political party) to mark against their name list so that there is a check and balance that each eligible voter votes only once.

The serial number behind your voting slip is only for "authenticity" purposes in case there is a dispute on the genuineness of the slip.

Think about it...

1.22 million voters, slips are counted in front of the potlictical parties, boxes are sealed & signed and kept in a vault for 6 months, no one allowed to open it unless there is a dispute and then infront of the political parties again. At the end of six months, the political parties inspect the seals and follow it to Tuas for burning. The only time the slips are seen by people is when is counted between 8pm 6 may to next day (at the most 24 hours).

...where got time to "scan" the slips? It takes about 340 hours (nearly 2 weeks) to scan them 24X7 assuming one second per slip. And where got chance to "open the box" without the opposition knowing.

YOUR VOTE IS SECRET

The myth of the voting slip has been around for the last 30 years... even before scanners
    Kopi Session (when time permits)
    at 100AW, Blk 639, Punggol Drive

Quote Originally Posted by AncientMariner
    Don't worry.
    If it takes 99 man-years to produce a list of Singapore's investments to the President, t will take 999 man-years to check which way you voted.
    I think it quicker then that. Now got scaning and automated tracking computer that can counter check such details in minutes. Farthermore the votes are in ballot box that they break into different sector or estate that cut down the amount to check in each GRC or single ward

Ok, Yeowww, 4-D winning numbers PMed to you.
    thank you for giving me HOPE. now, let me withdraw all my progress package amount and whack all into yr number!!!!

HUAT AH !!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast