Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Tamron 90mm SP Macro

  1. #1

    Default Tamron 90mm SP Macro

    Thinking of getting the follwoing from B&H for my Nikon D50, anyone has experience with this lens, does it mount directly to Nikon body? do not understand the "Requires Adaptall Mount" statement. Thanks for your help.

    Tamron Macro 90mm f/2.5 SP Macro Manual Focus Adaptall Lens (55mm Filter Size) - Requires Adaptall Mount
    Mfr# B52100 Used Cat.# 459738 Used Dept.
    Our Price: $ 169.00

  2. #2
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Tamron 90mm SP Macro

    you should get http://www.nikonians.org/html/resour...cro/index.html
    which is 52mm filter thread size.


  3. #3

    Default Re: Tamron 90mm SP Macro

    Hi zaxh81, thanks for your advice, i am aware of the DI version you recommend, thinking of getting used for the attractive pricing. Does it mean that the one I am exploring does not work on Nikon?

  4. #4
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Tamron 90mm SP Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip123
    Hi zaxh81, thanks for your advice, i am aware of the DI version you recommend, thinking of getting used for the attractive pricing. Does it mean that the one I am exploring does not work on Nikon?
    It does work with the Nikon system, provided you get the correct adapter from the Adaptall mount. But do note that it is the older system which is MF and it may not allow you to reach 1:1 macro.

    Another thing to note is with more adapters in line, there may be slight degradation of functionability.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tamron 90mm SP Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    \which is 52mm filter thread size.
    I thought it is 55mm?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tamron 90mm SP Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    It does work with the Nikon system, provided you get the correct adapter from the Adaptall mount. But do note that it is the older system which is MF and it may not allow you to reach 1:1 macro.

    Another thing to note is with more adapters in line, there may be slight degradation of functionability.
    Thanks Zac08, is the adapter easy to get and is it expensive? MF is alright as I understand it is common for macro works.

  7. #7
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Tamron 90mm SP Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip123
    Thanks Zac08, is the adapter easy to get and is it expensive? MF is alright as I understand it is common for macro works.
    Not very sure of the pricing, but have seen one user selling Tamron lenses sell additional adaptall adapters at approx $85 or so...

    MF is ok, but as mentioned previously, you better check on the maximum magnification the lens is capable of. Some older macro lens have a limit of 1:2 only.



    Cheers,
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  8. #8
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Tamron 90mm SP Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by mmk
    I thought it is 55mm?
    sorry,it's 55mm.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •