Thread: Any tips on Laos?

Default Any tips on Laos?

Has anyone travelled in Laos before? Can share your itinerary and where you booked your flight ticket etc. I just wanna gather some info first. thanks for any input!

Default Re: Any tips on Laos?

Quote Originally Posted by tomshen
    Has anyone travelled in Laos before? Can share your itinerary and where you booked your flight ticket etc. I just wanna gather some info first. thanks for any input!
    Most people don't fly direct into Laos and I don't think there is a direct flight from Singapore. It's a beautiful country and I swear by it.. Have fun!!
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    Most people don't fly direct into Laos and I don't think there is a direct flight from Singapore. It's a beautiful country and I swear by it.. Have fun!!
    That's true. Wondering how did you book your flight? Transfer from Thailand or Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by tomshen
    That's true. Wondering how did you book your flight? Transfer from Thailand or Vietnam?
    I didn't fly into Laos. I flew in to Bangkok, took an overnight bus to Nong Khai and entered Laos via the Friendship Bridge. If you are only keen on flying, I think you can try flying in from Hanoi. I know Vietnam Airlines fly between Hanoi and Vientiane.
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Another way is to fly into Bangkok, stay overnight and take flight to Vientiane. There is only one flight a day from Bangkok to Vientiane.

Thanks to both of you! I think taking a transit flight is better then have more time in Laos. I am now reading http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...uide-Laos.html for travel tips in Laos. Good stuff thee.