Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: My inaugural post

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Edgedale Plains
    Posts
    61

    Default My inaugural post

    Hi to all,

    This should be my inaugural post in this forum. Digital Photography is one of my hobby, i like to take wildlife, landscape shots. I also love burst shots and I have much to learn from all the seniors here

    I have yet bought a DSLR yet... my wishlist will be the Canon EOS 30D. Since my dad is a Canon Professional Photographer member, owns a Canon EOS 5D with tonnes of L-Lens. We will be sharing Lens once i have the money to buy my dream camera.

    For a start, i am using Canon Powershot A700. I am wondering if there are any powershot fan here, since this forum is a DSLR forum........

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: My inaugural post

    Wahhhh CPS


    This is not a DSLR forum, but a photography forum, bottomline is, nobody cares what camera you use, here people care more on the photos produced, apart from a few, that is...

    Don't wait liao, get the 1DS MKII, then you can join your dad in CPS

    Pity I'll never be a CPS user

    After all I'm only a newbie

  3. #3

    Default Re: My inaugural post

    What does it mean to be a CPS?

    Welcome to CS by the way.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Edgedale Plains
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: My inaugural post

    You may pop in my blog and view some of my shots taken by my beloved A700

    http://web.mac.com/eric.lim/iWeb/Sit...393392A88.html

  5. #5
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: My inaugural post

    welcome to CS

    don't wait convince your dad that he needs a 1DS MKII
    and that his 5D is more for you.

  6. #6

    Default Re: My inaugural post

    YOU are lucky to have a relative who also has the same intrest Welcome to the forums.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  7. #7

    Default Re: My inaugural post

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgedale
    You may pop in my blog and view some of my shots taken by my beloved A700

    http://web.mac.com/eric.lim/iWeb/Sit...393392A88.html

    Hi

    Check with you ?

    Can you focus using the A700 when the lens is at 6X for macro shot
    I am having difficulities doing that with my camera

    At telephoto mode I can only focus when the subject is about 50 cm from the camera ?!?!?!?

    Seem that it is not able to focus close up at 6X
    For object at a far distance it is fine, also fine if I use wide angle few cm

    I just want to know if my camera is faulty.
    Last edited by madwolf; 14th May 2006 at 11:46 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: My inaugural post

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgedale
    Hi to all,

    This should be my inaugural post in this forum. Digital Photography is one of my hobby, i like to take wildlife, landscape shots. I also love burst shots and I have much to learn from all the seniors here

    I have yet bought a DSLR yet... my wishlist will be the Canon EOS 30D. Since my dad is a Canon Professional Photographer member, owns a Canon EOS 5D with tonnes of L-Lens. We will be sharing Lens once i have the money to buy my dream camera.

    For a start, i am using Canon Powershot A700. I am wondering if there are any powershot fan here, since this forum is a DSLR forum........
    Welcome, don't think that CS is for DSLR only. Lots of compact users here too.

    BTW, we are neighbours. Also check out www.punggol.org
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Edgedale Plains
    Posts
    61

    Smile Re: My inaugural post

    Hi,

    Well i have no problem focusing in macro shots. But best you don't zoom in, just leave your zooming to the lowest ( wide angle ), use P or M mode with Macro mode.

    Check my webpage on one of my close shot on water droplets at distance of about 3cm from object.

    If you have problem focusing well, try to use manual focus. Sometime just can't rely to much on computer.


    Quote Originally Posted by madwolf
    Hi

    Check with you ?

    Can you focus using the A700 when the lens is at 6X for macro shot
    I am having difficulities doing that with my camera

    At telephoto mode I can only focus when the subject is about 50 cm from the camera ?!?!?!?

    Seem that it is not able to focus close up at 6X
    For object at a far distance it is fine, also fine if I use wide angle few cm

    I just want to know if my camera is faulty.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •