Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for healthy breakfast involving salmon

Default Re: Suggestions for healthy breakfast involving salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i think it also arised when he wanted to grill it...

think the best way is to eat it raw...
    Well, when i put in the oven to bake, i sprinkle olive oil on it - it's healthy too, so i don't see any harm in eating it this way.

I love raw salmon, but they're too expensive! For the same amount of money, i could get probably 5x more salmon from NTUC.

Nothing's healthier than a whole lot of vegetables to go with your breakfast. Try phasing out the meat. (And peas don't count).

Quote Originally Posted by xray
    Nothing's healthier than a whole lot of vegetables to go with your breakfast. Try phasing out the meat. (And peas don't count).
    No doubt it's very healthy, but i've tried something like that 2 days ago. It's some generous serving of butter cabbage, tomatos, olives, onions, a little bit of ham.

I finished it up, but i almost puke.

eh bro...i eat my salmon by baking... and eating....

otherwise their is always steam or stir fried...wif teriyaki sauce...ahaha

buten again...i dun wake up in time for breakfast most days anyway...ahaaha

I also love salmon, my mom usually just drizzle some olvie oil, some fine slices of ginger and thats it! Then toast it to light brown. Yummy!

hehe eating well makes a big difference. I tried it here is what happened!

http://captnj.blogspot.com/2006/03/e...ifference.html
    Singapore's Premier Fitness Expert: Get my 1550pg FREE fitness e-book at
    www.coachjon.com

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper
    I think the cream cheese and bagel works better if the salmon were smoked.
    You're right. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    However i have a problem. As I really like baked salmon with chopped garlic and parsley sprinkle on top, it seems unfavourable to have garlic so early in the morning, as there will be a certain smell in the mouth and also when i perspire. So is there anything to substitute it? Or even better, what can be used to tackle the smell? hehe
    For Fatty Fishes - common way to rid the fishy smell is by soaking in lukewarm milk. Some of the aromatic fish fats usually dissolve in the fat milk gobules, hence milk is often used.
    For semi-cooked fish , you lightly blanch the fish in hot not boiling herbed milk then create some sauces to mask the fish. If you are grilling the fish, soak the fish in room temperature milk for few hours. Not cold milk, its a myth that soaking in any temperature takes away the smell in the milk. Not in tropical countries like singapore!

For salmon fillet, usually you can tell its freshness by its slightly sweet and rich oily aroma. Bad frozen ones usually smell of that sick soggy "fishy" odor.

For some suggested sauces,
    - dijion mustard + mustard seed + tarragon + misc favorite herbs (my favorite sauce with blanched salmon)
    - sour cream + chives (love this)
    - horseradish and mustard!
    this is usually accompanied by my favorite buttered hash and bread.

yumyum

just remember not to over do the salmon. For fresh ones, i like it medium cooked.
    If you manage to get fresh salmon, try pickling the fish yourself, very simple. Raw fish + salt, pop in fridge overnight.

-
    Last edited by ullyss; 3rd May 2006 at 02:19 AM.

Phildate
    Guests

For a real treat, marinate the salmon overnight in a blended mixutre of chopped garlic, half a cup of (organic) maple syrup and half a cup of soy sauce (the wheat-free variety is best). You can marinate in a ziploc bag, works very well. Then bake in some of the sauce for the best salmon you have ever tasted! The sauce should slightly caramelise when done :-) yum...

Smile Re: Suggestions for healthy breakfast involving salmon

good thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    hehe, well, true i love greasy food like char kuey tiao, fried oyster omelette and many mor food. And i like salmon not only because they're rich in Omega3, they are also very delicious! And now i'm in my early 20s, i'll tend to watch what i eat, because i don't want serious health complications in my 40s...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12