Thread: Does a Freelance Photographer need to register a Business ?

Default Does a Freelance Photographer need to register a Business ?

Hi All

Hope this is the right location to raise this query

Does someone, who has a fulltime 9 to 5 job that has nothing to do with photography, but does freelance photography on weekends and evenings (taking weddings and portraits) to cover his Photographic expenses, need to register a Business for his Freelance Photographic activities ?

Thanks in advance

MANoj

Smile Re: Does a Freelance Photographer need to register a Business ?

no necessity.

Default Re: Does a Freelance Photographer need to register a Business ?

Technically all forms of business in Singapore which generate income must be registered.. But if you don't get caught, its ok..
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

Ahhhh..the old Army COC Number 6

Thanks

MANoj

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80
    Technically all forms of business in Singapore which generate income must be registered.. But if you don't get caught, its ok..

Thanks

MANoj

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    no necessity.

Supposed to register. Also supposed to pay income tax. Of course in reality if you are earning less than say 10K a year on this then don't bother lar. Also if you are charging that high (you could go as high as 50-60K a year), then customers would of course want to see a registered co. number on your invoice/receipt (esp for paying deposits).

Don't think that freelancing means kacang kacang, not only in photography, i know of someone doing web that is earning nearly twice that of her normal day time professional job (but then really no life lar). Even for Hifi I know of one who is a real serious freelancer earning serious money (no registered biz though...ha!). Come to think of it, car tuning/modifying too.... no registered biz.
    Last edited by 2100; 3rd May 2006 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks 2100.

MANoj

Quote Originally Posted by d12go4
    Thanks 2100.

MANoj
    No problem. I'd say go full steam ahead and focus, I never knew that I have the potential in this. One fine day you may find that Photography reaps more benefits and $$$ than your regular job.