Thread: Esplanade with A40

puffyfish
    Guests

Talking Esplanade with A40

This is my first post (for posting photos). been a newbie for quite some time.

Went to Esplanade alone last month and looking forward to take something decent with my new canon A40.

All was taken with the help of tripod. Please comment.

1/5, F11, ISO50
    I did some adjustments in ps, leveled the pic to make the buildings darker.

1", F2.8, ISO50
    sharpened in ps, i think the area at fullerton and around it were over expose.

Did a panorama of the whole scenery, but too bad that i didnt take it properly and ended up having a badly stitiched photo. and too bad the top of the buildings were chopped off.

I like ur 2nd pic most. Maybe u should attempt ur last one again. keep shooting

Default Re: Esplanade with A40

Originally posted by puffyfish

1", F2.8, ISO50
    sharpened in ps, i think the area at fullerton and around it were over expose.

Did a panorama of the whole scenery, but too bad that i didnt take it properly and ended up having a badly stitiched photo. and too bad the top of the buildings were chopped off.
    I tend to like over exposed pics of the fullerton area myself. Think its a matter of personal preference.

Du worry abt the panorama, at least u got a chance to get it back. I screwed up mine in Korea and Europe so that's at least a few more years time b4 i can try again.

Took this shot a while back when I first bought my A40....

http://www.pbase.com/image/8005496

wah... very nice shot leh... kekke... next time can i date u out for photography shooting or not?

Medium
    Guests

Heh Nice shots u've got there !
    like the 2nd pic ! NIce blue sky !

Keep it up ya !

CHeers
    Med

i feel that the 2nd pic is over sharpen liao
    IMO

puffyfish
    Guests

thank you for the comments.

xdivider, that's a very sad thing to happen. I will be upset if that happen to me if i go travelling and screw up the pictures i took.

equinox, i kinda like yours than mine. yours is closer, i can't zoom anymore.

duffy_duck, haha, thank you, nice one. :P i'll see u in school when holiday's over. hehe

thank you medium and hazardman. i'll continue shooting.

magixshoe, will take note in the future, just learn the magic of sharpening the photos in photoshop and i guess i over did it.

wow, nice shots !!

how come the sky so blue ?? what did you do to get it so blue ??

puffyfish
    Guests

Originally posted by rncw
    wow, nice shots !!

how come the sky so blue ?? what did you do to get it so blue ??
    actually i am not too sure also, was taken at about 7:20pm ++ like that, but i think it was most probably the aperture. i set it to F2.8 for all these blue sky ones. where as those with F11 will turn out to have darker sky color.

anyone know why?

e lower ur aperture, it'll be brighter as more light enters. That's y f2.8's brighter than ur F11 shot. Furthermore u shot at 1", thus allow more light to expose ur shot. 7++ is a good time to get that blue background from where u are shooting.

Hey Puffyfish.

Good attempt with the pano.
    Go try it again.

Keep shooting!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"