Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you stop your neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

Smile Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

joking. your's and other smokers' right to smoke comes from your and theirs contribution towards tobacco taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    I'm a smoker and I'm damn pissed at some people reaction towards smokers. Smokers also got rights you know ? I mean , it's not like I'm blowing directly in one's face. Yet some people walking at least a few metres away can start fanning their hands as if some sarin gas is coming after them and mind you , I'm those civic-minded smokers who would avoid crowded people and kids and yet I was given such 'nice gesture'.

Can imagine I was standing away from the crowd smoking and came one 'tai tai' walking pass me, fanning her hand and looked at me as if I'm from planet pluto. I'm already away from the crowd liao lah .. pls lah ... wan me to smoke on the 72nd floor of UOB plaza ??

Again, I'm not saying u can't complain, and there is indeed non civic minded smokers but pls try to understand and leave some space for us. ....to be continued.....
    Last edited by reachme2003; 2nd May 2006 at 07:24 PM.

Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

My neighbour downstairs smokes. And I can't study with smoke.
    So I just pour a few huge bottles of tap water down. It works.

Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i got better idea... buy a HEPA filter...
    Buy from you huh?

my neighbour next door smokes .. and the smoke comes in from the back and front years (either one at a time ..) ... if it's the back year i put an industrial fan on a stook at the door to suck the smoke out of the house and blow it out into the open .. front yard ... put the fan there and blow in his direction + suck the smoke out lor ... then .. just make sure the doors are closed in advance .. after the smoke seep in and he stop smoking then put the fans there to clear the air ... haven't had a chance to talk to him .. abit paiseh too .. :S

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    joking. your's and other smokers' right to smoke comes from your and theirs contribution towards tobacco taxes.
    Now u know why garment never ban smoking like they did to chewing gum ah .........

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    It's true. Smokers' rights seem to be not very important since smoking is seen to be a very bad thing. But then, the hand fanners have every right to fan their hands just as you have the right to smoke.
    非也非也, 兄台此言差异那位大婶扇手在先,此举已否定我抽烟的权力,我又何必承认扇手的权力呢?

Now u know why garment never ban smoking like they did to chewing gum ah .........
    we got FTA with US...cannot happy then ban smoking...
    eat. drink. shoot

1]seal your windows and on the air con if u need fresh air
    2] forma party 5 years later and ban cigarattes in Singapore.i will be the first one to vote even though i smoke!its just wasting my life money and causing others eyes on me,and i just can't help!!!ban it is alwasys the best remedy
    Just joking...do't takeit to heart.
    best tell him nicely not to law...........but be prepare a wooden stick near u in case he jump on u.....

In English please

i think he is saying *** is going to win saturday's elections.. then theres a prediction of saturday's 4D number.. and he also said kahheng is very handsome..

i'm a professional interpretor

Quote Originally Posted by niki
    i think he is saying *** is going to win saturday's elections.. then theres a prediction of saturday's 4D number.. and he also said kahheng is very handsome..

i'm a professional interpretor
    Then I wish him all the best with the 4D.

He's right that I am very handsome

I mean the auntie fan her hand 1st , and that action has denied my rights to smoke, so why should I recognise her rights to fan ... anyway, I'm just stressing that smokers be
    ethical , and non-smokers to understand our plight and not push us over the ledge . To summarize ... WORLD PEACE ~!

My neighbour, who has a few kids at home, like to stand along the corridor outside my unit and smoke. Every morning, you'll find 10-20 cigarette butts along the corridor!! Very inconsiderate of them.

I mean the auntie fan her hand 1st , and that action has denied my rights to smoke, so why should I recognise her rights to fan ... anyway, I'm just stressing that smokers be
    ethical , and non-smokers to understand our plight and not push us over the ledge . To summarize ... WORLD PEACE ~!
    All the best for today's 4D!

I am just happy that my neighbour who smokes outside the house never let in any smoke into my place.

I mean, even some smokers smoke outside of their own house as they don't want any smoke in their home. Imagine what a non-smoker feel about smoke inside their own place....

Here wun ban smoking becuse of...*cough cough*

I'm a smoker and I'm damn pissed at some people reaction towards smokers. Smokers also got rights you know ?
    Non-smokers got rights also.

I mean , it's not like I'm blowing directly in one's face. Yet some people walking at least a few metres away can start fanning their hands as if some sarin gas is coming after them and mind you
    The stink of cigar/cigarette smoke extends a mile up my friend.

I'm those civic-minded smokers who would avoid crowded people and kids and yet I was given such 'nice gesture'.
    For a start, u can quit smoking. U may be civic-minded but the wind isn't.

Can imagine I was standing away from the crowd smoking and came one 'tai tai' walking pass me, fanning her hand and looked at me as if I'm from planet pluto. I'm already away from the crowd liao lah .. pls lah ... wan me to smoke on the 72nd floor of UOB plaza ??
    Smoke doesn't juz comes outta ya mouth my friend. It sticks on ur clothing, ur hair and every breath u make... cigarette smoke.

Again, I'm not saying u can't complain, and there is indeed non civic minded smokers but pls try to understand and leave some space for us. ....to be continued.....
    U can juz quit? Had walked the path of smoking once and gave it up after realising that I stank horribly for a couple of days after my last stick.

Its abt ya health. But den again, I guess its ur choice, ur money and ur health. Den again, its also other ppl's choice (of fanning the air with their hands) and their health (of breathing in 2nd hand smoke). Till Singapore drops the Firearms Act completely, I think u dun have a choice.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Racoon
    My neighbour, who has a few kids at home, like to stand along the corridor outside my unit and smoke. Every morning, you'll find 10-20 cigarette butts along the corridor!! Very inconsiderate of them.
    I think the point here is littering, not the smoke?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Blog Entries

Smoker's Rights

Yes we should all ride bicycles as burning fuel gives out carbon monoxide
    and that is lethal.

If the non-smoker does not want to smell the smoke then
    he/she should not have walked near a smoker,
    since ethical smokers have already moved away from the crowd.
    Why should the non-smoker walk there and complain?

What about the rubbish truck? it smells too.
    Shall we all bring our refuse to a location that is far away?
    Or keep the status quo and drop it into the chute?

Littering on the other hand is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Smoker's Rights

Yes we should all ride bicycles as burning fuel gives out carbon monoxide
    and that is lethal.

If the non-smoker does not want to smell the smoke then
    he/she should not have walked near a smoker,
    since ethical smokers have already moved away from the crowd.
    Why should the non-smoker walk there and complain?

What about the rubbish truck? it smells too.
    Shall we all bring our refuse to a location that is far away?
    Or keep the status quo and drop it into the chute?

Littering on the other hand is bad.
    summarize... dun sh*t... it stinks... die of constipation is the way for human existence...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast