Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: How do you stop your neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    628

    Default How do you stop your neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Even as i type now... the smoke lingers in my whole house..

    my neighbour, this 30+ guy, always smokes at his window.. and the smoke comes into my home.. and STAYS here! ggrrr.... the thing is that i dun think he knows... HELP!

  2. #2
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    close ur window
    eat. drink. shoot

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    close ur window
    i got better idea... buy a HEPA filter...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    i cant keep my windows closed all the time.. suffocating leh.. and i also duno when he is gng to light up.. wats a HEPA filter?

  5. #5

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    get a fan and place it near ur window and switch it full blast when he starts smoking and blow the smoke back to this room :P

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    have a frank and open talk on the subject and tell him that it is affected you.

    otherwise, there is little that you can do than to take appropriate 'defensive' measures.

  7. #7
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Start a BBQ party at your balcony,put a fan and blow all the smoke towards him.


  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Have you approached him and asked him politely to direct his smoke somewhere else?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Have you approached him and asked him politely to direct his smoke somewhere else?
    dun wanna turn it into Everitt road part 2. haha... actually..he's smoking in his own house u know.. wat can i sae?

    the BBQ seems fun.. haha.. but he gets the nice smell lor..

    seriosuly, i think i will do the fan method as mentioned earlier.. then one day... he'll see how come his smoke all 'flying' away across his window..haha.. i got those 19" biggie fan.. woo hoo!

    thanks guys..

  10. #10

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Quote Originally Posted by niki
    Even as i type now... the smoke lingers in my whole house..

    my neighbour, this 30+ guy, always smokes at his window.. and the smoke comes into my home.. and STAYS here! ggrrr.... the thing is that i dun think he knows... HELP!
    Why don't you just close your windows?

    He has every right to smoke within his own home.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    i cant keep my windows closed all the time.. suffocating leh.. and i also duno when he is gng to light up..
    the answer..

  12. #12
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Quote Originally Posted by niki
    the answer..
    Then itsn't it your problem? Talk to him nicely and tell him your problems. If he refuse, good luck. Call police also no use.

    If he cannot smoke in his own home, where can he?

  13. #13
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    damn.. hope my neighbours don't have the same complaint...

    dont' think so.. we're on talking terms.. so anything he would voice out.

  14. #14

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Quote Originally Posted by niki
    the answer..
    Then get used to it. Not everyone can lead their lives to suit you.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Quote Originally Posted by niki
    wats a HEPA filter?
    Here is your answer.

  16. #16

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Quote Originally Posted by tao
    I will go to my window and shout: "Can you STOP SMOKING!!"

    I did that when my neighbour upstairs smoke a lot at the windows and the smoke kept coming into my bedroom when there was a breeze.

    It worked.
    The worse is the breeze blows the ashes in.. I got that once.. @#$%^&*

  17. #17

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Quote Originally Posted by wildswan
    have a frank and open talk on the subject and tell him that it is affected you.

    otherwise, there is little that you can do than to take appropriate 'defensive' measures.
    i totally aggree on this comment....

  18. #18
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    I'm a smoker and I'm damn pissed at some people reaction towards smokers. Smokers also got rights you know ? I mean , it's not like I'm blowing directly in one's face. Yet some people walking at least a few metres away can start fanning their hands as if some sarin gas is coming after them and mind you , I'm those civic-minded smokers who would avoid crowded people and kids and yet I was given such 'nice gesture'.

    Can imagine I was standing away from the crowd smoking and came one 'tai tai' walking pass me, fanning her hand and looked at me as if I'm from planet pluto. I'm already away from the crowd liao lah .. pls lah ... wan me to smoke on the 72nd floor of UOB plaza ??

    Again, I'm not saying u can't complain, and there is indeed non civic minded smokers but pls try to understand and leave some space for us. ....to be continued.....

  19. #19

    Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    I'm a smoker and I'm damn pissed at some people reaction towards smokers. Smokers also got rights you know ? I mean , it's not like I'm blowing directly in one's face. Yet some people walking at least a few metres away can start fanning their hands as if some sarin gas is coming after them and mind you , I'm those civic-minded smokers who would avoid crowded people and kids and yet I was given such 'nice gesture'.
    It's true. Smokers' rights seem to be not very important since smoking is seen to be a very bad thing. But then, the hand fanners have every right to fan their hands just as you have the right to smoke.


    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Can imagine I was standing away from the crowd smoking and came one 'tai tai' walking pass me, fanning her hand and looked at me as if I'm from planet pluto. I'm already away from the crowd liao lah .. pls lah ... wan me to smoke on the 72nd floor of UOB plaza ??
    But how would she know what a Plutonian looks like?


    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Again, I'm not saying u can't complain, and there is indeed non civic minded smokers but pls try to understand and leave some space for us. ....to be continued.....
    I agree

  20. #20

    Smile Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

    it is not fair to ask him to stop smoking. smoker has rights too. you could request him to smoke somewhere else.


    Quote Originally Posted by tao
    I will go to my window and shout: "Can you STOP SMOKING!!"

    I did that when my neighbour upstairs smoke a lot at the windows and the smoke kept coming into my bedroom when there was a breeze.

    It worked.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 2nd May 2006 at 07:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •