Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you stop your neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

Default How do you stop your neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

Even as i type now... the smoke lingers in my whole house..

my neighbour, this 30+ guy, always smokes at his window.. and the smoke comes into my home.. and STAYS here! ggrrr.... the thing is that i dun think he knows... HELP!

Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

close ur window
    eat. drink. shoot

Default Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    close ur window
    i got better idea... buy a HEPA filter...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i cant keep my windows closed all the time.. suffocating leh.. and i also duno when he is gng to light up.. wats a HEPA filter?

get a fan and place it near ur window and switch it full blast when he starts smoking and blow the smoke back to this room :P

have a frank and open talk on the subject and tell him that it is affected you.

otherwise, there is little that you can do than to take appropriate 'defensive' measures.

Start a BBQ party at your balcony,put a fan and blow all the smoke towards him.

Have you approached him and asked him politely to direct his smoke somewhere else?

Have you approached him and asked him politely to direct his smoke somewhere else?
    dun wanna turn it into Everitt road part 2. haha... actually..he's smoking in his own house u know.. wat can i sae?

the BBQ seems fun.. haha.. but he gets the nice smell lor..

seriosuly, i think i will do the fan method as mentioned earlier.. then one day... he'll see how come his smoke all 'flying' away across his window..haha.. i got those 19" biggie fan.. woo hoo!

thanks guys..

Quote Originally Posted by niki
    Even as i type now... the smoke lingers in my whole house..

my neighbour, this 30+ guy, always smokes at his window.. and the smoke comes into my home.. and STAYS here! ggrrr.... the thing is that i dun think he knows... HELP!
    Why don't you just close your windows?

He has every right to smoke within his own home.

i cant keep my windows closed all the time.. suffocating leh.. and i also duno when he is gng to light up..
    the answer..

the answer..
    Then itsn't it your problem? Talk to him nicely and tell him your problems. If he refuse, good luck. Call police also no use.

If he cannot smoke in his own home, where can he?

damn.. hope my neighbours don't have the same complaint...

dont' think so.. we're on talking terms.. so anything he would voice out.

the answer..
    Then get used to it. Not everyone can lead their lives to suit you.

wats a HEPA filter?
    Here is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    I will go to my window and shout: "Can you STOP SMOKING!!"

I did that when my neighbour upstairs smoke a lot at the windows and the smoke kept coming into my bedroom when there was a breeze.

It worked.
    The worse is the breeze blows the ashes in.. I got that once.. @#$%^&*

Quote Originally Posted by wildswan
    have a frank and open talk on the subject and tell him that it is affected you.

otherwise, there is little that you can do than to take appropriate 'defensive' measures.
    i totally aggree on this comment....

I'm a smoker and I'm damn pissed at some people reaction towards smokers. Smokers also got rights you know ? I mean , it's not like I'm blowing directly in one's face. Yet some people walking at least a few metres away can start fanning their hands as if some sarin gas is coming after them and mind you , I'm those civic-minded smokers who would avoid crowded people and kids and yet I was given such 'nice gesture'.

Can imagine I was standing away from the crowd smoking and came one 'tai tai' walking pass me, fanning her hand and looked at me as if I'm from planet pluto. I'm already away from the crowd liao lah .. pls lah ... wan me to smoke on the 72nd floor of UOB plaza ??

Again, I'm not saying u can't complain, and there is indeed non civic minded smokers but pls try to understand and leave some space for us. ....to be continued.....

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    I'm a smoker and I'm damn pissed at some people reaction towards smokers. Smokers also got rights you know ? I mean , it's not like I'm blowing directly in one's face. Yet some people walking at least a few metres away can start fanning their hands as if some sarin gas is coming after them and mind you , I'm those civic-minded smokers who would avoid crowded people and kids and yet I was given such 'nice gesture'.
    It's true. Smokers' rights seem to be not very important since smoking is seen to be a very bad thing. But then, the hand fanners have every right to fan their hands just as you have the right to smoke.

Can imagine I was standing away from the crowd smoking and came one 'tai tai' walking pass me, fanning her hand and looked at me as if I'm from planet pluto. I'm already away from the crowd liao lah .. pls lah ... wan me to smoke on the 72nd floor of UOB plaza ??
    But how would she know what a Plutonian looks like?

Again, I'm not saying u can't complain, and there is indeed non civic minded smokers but pls try to understand and leave some space for us. ....to be continued.....
    I agree

Smile Re: How do you stop you neighbour from smoking and blowing the smoke into my home?

it is not fair to ask him to stop smoking. smoker has rights too. you could request him to smoke somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    I will go to my window and shout: "Can you STOP SMOKING!!"

I did that when my neighbour upstairs smoke a lot at the windows and the smoke kept coming into my bedroom when there was a breeze.

It worked.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 2nd May 2006 at 07:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast