Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nikon or Canon?

Default Re: Nikon or Canon?

Technology improves all the time. It used to be that canon n nikon will leapfrog the other with the next camera or lens. But canon has the advantage of full frame sensors n bigger pro following. Choose either one n u wont go wrong. Choose one that fits your hand or pocket or bag whatever.http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

If you are starting out, get a D50. unless you want more then S8R prints, else 6MP is enuff.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang
    If you are starting out, get a D50. unless you want more then S8R prints, else 6MP is enuff.
    I've done a 12"x18" (aka 12R) last week for a customer who had a picture taken on a D70s. He was very happy with it.

Talking Re: Nikon or Canon?

Yup, with lower dpi, you can even go into poster size with no worries!
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

haha i see...
    I got another qn now...
    is a 3rd party lens such as sigma or tamron better than the nikon's kit lens?

Quote Originally Posted by alvinz
    haha i see...
    I got another qn now...
    is a 3rd party lens such as sigma or tamron better than the nikon's kit lens?
    No.

yup yup, no money, sharing is good! good! haa haa...... i love nikon... but 20D shutter sound is so..... goood..... haa haa.... but will still stick to my D70s!

i normally shoot at iso200 or 400. think still ok ba?
    D70s-er Since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by zcwnfx
    yup yup, no money, sharing is good! good! haa haa...... i love nikon... but 20D shutter sound is so..... goood..... haa haa.... but will still stick to my D70s!

i normally shoot at iso200 or 400. think still ok ba?
    D200's shutter sounds better...

never got a chance to hear. my frens all either using D70 or 20D. Nikon Nikon! haa haa.... now trying to get rid of the BBB virus.

hmmmm, saw my fren's 20D today. really different interface from my D70s. didnt really like it. but thats most likely becos i am used to the D70s interface and function controls already.

really, i think should choose a system that u like. go and feel feel, look look, see see. best is got chance to try out! then u will know how is it.
    D70s-er Since 2005

Smile Re: Nikon or Canon?

Had the same headache as you. Torn between the 350D & D70s. I went around shopping & testing in almost all shop in Sim Lim, Funan & Penisula. Prices i remember are
    350D kit - $1470 (WorldWide) & $1545 (AP) (1 GB given by agent & photo book).
    D70s kit - $1660 exc GST (1GB). $1750 (AP).

After much deliberation & with discussion with friends who are full time photographers, I went for another model, the Canon 20D instead ($1900 body only- AP). I choose 20D mainly because i can share lens with my friend & the price. I'll been loving it since.

My suggestion play around with both camera and see which you like better. They are both good. If you like smaller & handy, you may want the camera 350D (may be unbalance if you fix a longer lens, although an additional battery grip may help). If you prefer a better kit lens and more professional feel try the Nikon 70s. Actually the megapix diff don't really matter unless you blow up pictures big. Also consider lens that you will add on next time.

The more megapix will come in handy if u want to crop your pictures. Like a digital zoom.
    http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    D200's shutter sounds better...
    D2X shutter sound even better..

Quote Originally Posted by eow
    neither...a pns would be better for u
    if u need people to decide which system is better for u...
    that mean u also not sure what to get
    Agree.

Get a PnS, invest in courses, by then you would know your needs better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123