Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Should I go for E500 or D200?

  1. #41

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Lenses aside, the bodies you are comparing is like apple and oranges, a more suitable comparision would be the E-500 with D50. Features and price wise would be similar. Personally, i feel that between the 2 bodies, i would get the E-500. (Which i did!)

    As for lenses, while Oly have less lens, please ask yourself, how many lens do you need ? If you are just taking photography as a hobby, you wouldnt need more then 4 lens i believe. The Oly setup of 11-22mm, 14-54mm (optional), 50mm F2 Macro & 50-200mm would suit almost all but the most demanding needs. Cost of Oly lenses are a deciding factor in this case as the lens i just stated, cost an average of $800 - 1.4k each. Of course, oly does have a consumer range of lens too - 14-45mm, 35mm macro, 40-150mm or even the all in 1 18-180mm. Those lens range between 300 - 700.

    Oly limited range of lenses is a blessing for me actually. Oly users seldom face the trouble of deciding which lenses has problems with QC, softness etc etc. Every of ZD lens are simply amazing. even for the kit lenses, it had been stated that it already better then what the N/C kits have.
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

  2. #42
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1
    As for lenses, while Oly have less lens, please ask yourself, how many lens do you need ? If you are just taking photography as a hobby, you wouldnt need more then 4 lens i believe.
    Don't bet on it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1
    Oly limited range of lenses is a blessing for me actually. Oly users seldom face the trouble of deciding which lenses has problems with QC, softness etc etc. Every of ZD lens are simply amazing. even for the kit lenses, it had been stated that it already better then what the N/C kits have.
    Yeah with no option of lower grade consumer options.

    Nikon has the same professional solutions also, it's just by choice people choose the consumer or the professional.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1
    Oly limited range of lenses is a blessing for me actually. Oly users seldom face the trouble of deciding which lenses has problems with QC, softness etc etc. Every of ZD lens are simply amazing. even for the kit lenses, it had been stated that it already better then what the N/C kits have.
    Not true if D70's or D70s' kit lens .

    Regards,
    Arto.

  4. #44
    Senior Member erictan8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,885

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    had the chance to play with the E500 today when was at singapore expo....
    hmm... these are my opinions and in no way disrespect to any system:

    i feel, from first impression, the ergonomics and cosmetic of the E500:

    1. body too light
    2. grip not too comfortable (compared to the D70 or the D200)
    3. kit lens feel too plasticky (compared to kit lens of D70)
    4. buttons not too user friendly (maybe cause i never use before)

    sorry, so i would go for the nikon anytime....
    but it might be just me....
    Hope to learn from everyone here....

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    if the TS holding both E500 and D200 and compare he/she will know what to do.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5DKM
    I go for D200 if I have the money
    I go for 30D if I have the money. Better noise control e.g at ISO1600 compare to D200

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    I go for 30D if I have the money. Better noise control e.g at ISO1600 compare to D200

    wah siao liao, come to N forum say this thing.... ............




    heeee, joking only.......... to each his own, everyone got his/her own preference.............

    For me, in short, in summary, in conclusion.... I Nikon......... if got lots & lots of money to get another system, I also don't mind Canon....

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by N-user
    wah siao liao, come to N forum say this thing.... ............




    heeee, joking only.......... to each his own, everyone got his/her own preference.............

    For me, in short, in summary, in conclusion.... I Nikon......... if got lots & lots of money to get another system, I also don't mind Canon....

    she is a dog lover.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    I go for 30D if I have the money. Better noise control e.g at ISO1600 compare to D200
    I will still go for Nikon if got money money money $$$.

    Have fun
    Canon 7DMKII |7D| EF16-35 F2.8L II|50 F1.4|100mm F2.8L|Tamron 150-600mm|

  10. #50

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5DKM
    I will still go for Nikon if got money money money $$$.

    Have fun

    I will buy both if i have $$$. Go for the dark and the white side...

  11. #51
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    I think it is time to do some clean up of this type of thread. ie. should I buy Nikon or Oly or Canon etc etc.

    I find that this type of thread fall in into the category of General Discussion forum rather than in Nikon forum as it involves other brands and also require views from users of other brand.

    Now and in future, such thread will not have a place here in Nikon forum.

    I am moving it to General Discussion.

    Chng Peng Eik
    WON/Nikon Moderator

  12. #52
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01
    I think it is time to do some clean up of this type of thread. ie. should I buy Nikon or Oly or Canon etc etc.

    I find that this type of thread fall in into the category of General Discussion forum rather than in Nikon forum as it involves other brands and also require views from users of other brand.

    Now and in future, such thread will not have a place here in Nikon forum.

    I am moving it to General Discussion.

    Chng Peng Eik
    WON/Nikon Moderator

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The heart of the Abyss
    Posts
    2,307

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    I go for 30D if I have the money. Better noise control e.g at ISO1600 compare to D200
    Is that the only way/criteria to judge a camera by?

  14. #54

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by ykkok
    8R and 6R requires less cropping on 4:3 than 4R. In fact 6R is exactly 4:3.

    So what's the trend now? More megapixels to print on smaller format, like 4R? With the cost of 5R and 6R coming down, I start to print bigger format recently.

    3R was the standard yesteryears, now 4R, so, what's next?

    2.0x is 50% of 35mm format, but how much smaller is 2.0x sensor vs 1.5 or 1.6x sensor?

    Just choose the camera or system that suits you needs and budget.
    I thought S8R and "18R" or 12 by 18 are 3:2 exactly. Been printing uncountable number of copies. Just go to KT or any good lab to print lar.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Not true if D70's or D70s' kit lens .

    Regards,
    Arto.
    depends on which kit lens...if the 14-45 of the EXXX series, I think the 18-70 of D70 is better...but if we are talking about the 14-54 of the E1, then I think this Oly kit lens is better...

  16. #56

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    Hi , just throwing in my 5cts worth . I am a nikon user D70 and s3 fuji I believe the E500 may have better color (saturation and contrast ) without having to go to photoshop, where as the d200 may be more neutral in comparison.
    e500 less resolution wise , lighter weight , dust reduction , cheaper, more noise at high iso
    d200 extended system, can use old nikon lense, more x , heavier.
    depending on the type of photography you do both have advantage

  17. #57

    Default Re: Should I go for E500 or D200?

    By the way, anyone noticed the thread starter has already made a choice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •