Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An experience to share

Originally posted by Bluestrike

So wen you getting that EOS 1v or that F5 you always wanted?
    oh.. not forgetting the 70-200/2.8 L IS USM or the 80-200/2.8 AFS?

Or issit the 70-200/2.8 VR you looking at?
    hehhehheeee

Though i am honestly thinking about it, i can't say that i am worthy of such cameras and equipment until i improve my eye for composition and my techniques/knowledge of photography so i guess i will stick to my S602 for now.

PS: I will be using a Nikon system if i do go into D/SLR system so i guess the cameras you suggested would be moot.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Though i am honestly thinking about it, i can't say that i am worthy of such cameras and equipment until i improve my eye for composition and my techniques/knowledge of photography so i guess i will stick to my S602 for now.

I share the same sentiment as you.

I just got back my neg from Ruby as well as the contact sheet and sudden;y, i realised why shooting film, especially B&W is so special...

The anticipation of collecting the shot, the euphoria of knowing your shots turned out well, or the simple joy of just ooking at the sheer shaprness and details, not to mention the "bokeh" as well as many other feelings that courses through one's veins as i poured over each and every frame...

I was talking to someone from Ruby and he mentioned the fact that you can see the "bad" and the "good" shots appear within that single roll, instead when you shoot with a DC and get to choose only the best and delete it without thinking too much where you went wrong...

Once more, I am not griping abt DC or DSLR. It's just that shooting film, and in my case B&W has been a very special and enlightening experience for me...

Will be posting the shots later.
    --

Originally posted by Wolfgang

PS: I will be using a Nikon system if i do go into D/SLR system so i guess the cameras you suggested would be moot.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

The F5 & 70-200 VR BS suggested are nikon....

hmm Wolfus,

You should have been on IRC late last night as the reasons for learning with film first were being discussed.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Wolfgang:

Quote from:

http://www.usedfilm.com/thoughts/

The realm of digital photography is a tool and as wonderful and amazing as it is, those who have never developed a roll of TRI-X and watched their prints appear in a tray of chemicals will never know the true love affair that is photography.
    Among there, a LOT of other very meaningful quotes.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by Ian
    hmm Wolfus,

You should have been on IRC late last night as the reasons for learning with film first were being discussed.
    Wish i was there. Maybe when i drop in, you can share with me what went on?

Originally posted by ckiang
    Wolfgang:

Quote from:

Thank you for sharing the URL Ck... The quotes are really thought provoking...
    --

Talking

Originally posted by ckiang
    Wolfgang:

Quote from:

Regards
    CK
    fully agree ...............

Originally posted by erwinx

The F5 & 70-200 VR BS suggested are nikon....

See? Told you i was a SLR newbie.
    --

I had similar conversations with a few others including some mini lab vendor.

The vendor lament that more and more people using digital camera and his business had suffered a lot. He has no intent to get a digital printing machine and sees that one day he'll have to close shop due to low demand.

Then, there was another mini lab vendor who encourages me to use film. And say a lot of bad stuff about digital camera, which more then 90% IMHO is not true. One point he mentioned was digital camera got no depth. Picture is flat. Or simple thing as photo not as nice....blah blah. I understand why he said so much bad stuff about digital camera, it affects his mini lab business, that's why.

Well, its up to individual to decide which is good, film or digital. Some things said can be bias towards a certain viewpoint because of hidden agenda behind the statement made.

I use film when comes to wedding, with a digital cam to back me up in some non crucial shots.

I still use digital camera alot as I find it expedite my learning experience. I do pour over my digital shots regardless good or bad and learn from my mistakes. I seldom delete them unless it is totally hopeless. I select my many best shots and writes them into a premium CDR and the originals into a another CDR. Hence, I have 2 copies of my best stuffs.

Actually I have to agree with the mini lab vendor on the flatness of the entry level consumer digital cameras, at least for the cheaper ones... I have seen quite a few pics that were taken by cheap digital cameras and they look like cardboard characters out of SouthPark! What is that distortion called?

Originally posted by shutterbug
    I had similar conversations with a few others including some mini lab vendor.

Then, there was another mini lab vendor who encourages me to use film. And say a lot of bad stuff about digital camera, which more then 90% IMHO is not true. One point he mentioned was digital camera got no depth. Picture is flat. Or simple thing as photo not as nice....blah blah. I understand why he said so much bad stuff about digital camera, it affects his mini lab business, that's why.

Well, its up to individual to decide which is good, film or digital. Some things said can be bias towards a certain viewpoint because of hidden agenda behind the statement made.
    :

As promised...

The shots are up @ this thread

I do look forward to everyone's comment.

Cheers!

Note: Edited due to edited url on the pictire thread
    --

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123