Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    39

    Default Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    An infra red photo made with:
    Canon EOS 20D
    Canon 18-55mm EF lens
    The camera body was modified to remove hot mirror and replace it with infra red filter
    Speed: 1/125
    Aperture: f/11
    ISO: 400

    Subject is an old Dutch cemetery, dating back to end of 19th century, in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
    Color is edited in Canon DPP (Digital Photo Professional) and enhanced in PS

    All comments will be appreciated


    (c) Kristupa Saragih
    Last edited by kristupa; 30th April 2006 at 01:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator sebastiansong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,556
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    A beautiful piece of work...

    wonderfully composed considering how easy it is to easy such a simple subject... kindly share more of your works.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    Bpk Saragih,

    Senang bisa lihat hasil bapak di CS. Saya dulu pernah aktif sebentar di fotografer.net

    Salam,

    Don

  4. #4

    Default Re: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    Great composition ,just felt it is a tad too colorful to be an IR photo.
    It is more like a "special" color photo.
    (especially the yellow color).The colorful effect could be
    more from PS .Think it a matter of preference.

    but this seems to be the IR trend now.
    I am trying to like colorful IR now.
    Mind to share your PS process??
    Last edited by Hosea; 3rd May 2006 at 08:26 AM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pranadewa
    Bpk Saragih,

    Senang bisa lihat hasil bapak di CS. Saya dulu pernah aktif sebentar di fotografer.net

    Salam,

    Don
    Bung Pranadewa,

    Terimakasih atas apresiasi Anda
    Jika ingin aktif kembali di FN, dipersilakan

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hosea
    Great composition ,just felt it is a tad too colorful to be an IR photo.
    It is more like a "special" color photo.
    (especially the yellow color).The colorful effect could be
    more from PS .Think it a matter of preference.

    but this seems to be the IR trend now.
    I am trying to like colorful IR now.
    Mind to share your PS process??
    Hosea, I appreciate your input

    I made this photo using a modified Canon EOS 20D body
    Hot mirror was removed and replaced with IR filter

    It's originally came up in this kind of color
    I edited this photo using Canon Digital Photo Professional and enhanced it a bit in PS
    Nothing more...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    @kristupa
    alow oom kristupa >_< ... seneng de ada temen ir juga de disini ^___^
    v5 kan ini oom?

    @hosea
    stan, the replacement of the filter for this mod camera is different from usual ir filter...
    it mix between ir and uv... so dont need a lot of pp to have this result >_< ...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    kristupa & Wellington(ArchL),
    This is something interesting, a comb of IR & UV.Thx for sharing.
    Is commonly used among the IR photog in your country?
    A "glow" effect on the leaves would be great.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by archlover
    @kristupa
    alow oom kristupa >_< ... seneng de ada temen ir juga de disini ^___^
    v5 kan ini oom?

    @hosea
    stan, the replacement of the filter for this mod camera is different from usual ir filter...
    it mix between ir and uv... so dont need a lot of pp to have this result >_< ...
    Halo Wellington,
    Betul ini v5 buatan Harlim

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Hier Rust Ursulin Zuster - IR Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hosea
    kristupa & Wellington(ArchL),
    This is something interesting, a comb of IR & UV.Thx for sharing.
    Is commonly used among the IR photog in your country?
    A "glow" effect on the leaves would be great.
    Basically, it's right, IR & UV filter combined
    But as far as I know, Harlim did the modification with his "secret" kind of filter... it's not ordinary photography filter

    I'm sure Harlim is a member in CS, and he should be able to explain it

    But, anyway, the important thing is not the tools you're using but the message you deliver to the viewers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •