I am new to photography and would like to give portraiture a try. I have some questions that I will divide into 2 categories.
1) Wat are the general do's and dont's of a shoot? Are you allowed for example to help the model to brush off her/his hair on shoulders, arms, face etc?
2) How often during a 2hr shoot do you take a break?
3) Is there a photographer's code that you guys follow? For eg, during a shoot of 6 photograhers to 1 model, how do you guys co-ordinate who the model looks at? Like for eg, you shoot first then my turn that sort of thing....
4) How do you generally tell your model to pose? What if you would like them to pose a sensual, seductive or angry look? Are there boundaries that I must watch?
5) Do models expect a copy of all the photos that you make? Is there another code on this? This is assuming they are pro or non-pro models.
6) Is a flash necessary even for outdoor shoots?
7) What is the best time for outdoor shoots? 8am - 1030am, 5pm - 7pm?
8) If I am using a Nikon FM2, would I be taking too long to adjust and fine tune my shot that the model will get 'tired'? for me its a few seconds, but that 2-10 seconds or so can be quite a pain for the model right?
9) What is the average distance that you guys stand away from the model? assuming i would be using a 105mm or a 50mm lens. (1m and 0.60m, closest focusing distance for each lens)
10) Are there special props that are needed for a basic shoot? (I dunno, just came to my mind here)