Thread: b+w filters

Default b+w filters

Dear Sir
    I have B+W UV filter and the B+W polarised filter both stuck and can't be unscrewed. Any suggestion how I could separate them? thank you

Default Re: b+w filters

R they stuck to each other or on a diff lenses?

Initally I have the UV filter fixed onto my 24-105 L lens. Then I added in the polarised filter but was unable to unscrew. So I have my polarised filter stuck to my UV filter but they can be removed my lens.

Usually when my filters get stuck. Wat I do is I unscrew them w a very minimal force applied. I juz hold lightly on e filters n unscrew - meanin I avoid pressin too hard against e outer race of e filter inwards.

Hope diz helps...

never happened to me before... but you could try putting a rubber band on the circumference of the filter and unscrewing it. The rubber band gives you a bit more grip. Works on bottles. might work on filters...

sigh..it doesn't work.. do u think I can send it back to supplier to rectify it? anyway worst case, I may have to buy another UV. but is it ok to use the polarised + uv together? I am using a 24-105 L lens + Canon 30D

I'm sure there isn't a need to return them. U'll definitely b able to separate them juz go to bed n work on it tomoro. N yeah... itz alright to use both together.

Btw, when u screw e PL onto e UV, was there any strong force on ur part?

WD-40 maybe ?

Regards,
    Arto.

Try going to a department store, houseware/kitchenware dept and buy one (or maybe two in your case) jar opener. It is a handheld device to open jar lids. Make sure you buy one which opens wide enough for your filter diameter. You may require two to grip both filters and unscrew them.

try tie some 'rubber bands' around the filter to get some grip to unscrew...

it happened to me .. i brought it down to tcw and the uncle helped me out for free..

Apply some Vasoline (small amount only hor) on the thread of your filters before screwing it on your lens lo...this will solve your problem.

the last time i encountered that, i wrapped my fingers around the lower filter for a few minutes, and when it expanded slightly, unscrewing the top filter was easier.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS