Thread: Buy camera during IT show or now?

Default Buy camera during IT show or now?

which will be cheaper?

Default Re: Buy camera during IT show or now?

depends lah.... usually IT show cheaper.... but then if you are going for real cheap wait till model is going to be discontinued then buy lor... that will be the cheapest.... but then the new features available in the new models would be too difficult to resist....

will be cheaper by how much? if like 10 bucks
    then i can forget it liao....

generally, price for outdated items shuld be low
    for new items "shuld have" more freebies,price not much diff
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

if i can get a IXUS 60 for 530+ n canon is sellin at 599...
    will i get 520 or 530 during the IT show??? or ard 560 or something like dat?

Quote Originally Posted by rvf79
    if i can get a IXUS 60 for 530+ n canon is sellin at 599...
    will i get 520 or 530 during the IT show??? or ard 560 or something like dat?
    IT shows is only sometimes cheaper... using your example, sometimes they will sell at maybe 560 or even 599 but they will give you stuff like 1 GB sd card, tripod, pouch, and all kinds of freebies which you may not need... My policy is if i see a price that i am willing to pay, i buy... cos there will always be better deals down the road....

i was told from ms dat i can pay n get the camera 1st... then June time then redeem the camera kit, sd card, tripod from canon...

PC show usually showcases the latest items as well as to bring in some old items to add on to their line of product or even clear their stocks.

In fact Asian market exhibition are usually crap. In Japan as well as western countries, the latest models that are featured in a exhibition usually comes with goodies and are much more cheaper during the launched period. This is especially true to IT products because when these newer models are launched, the new buyers are usually white mices who use and feedback fault first. That is why you see new firmwares, recalls etc becoming very often especially the newer digital bodies nowadays.

If you are expecting the latest model to have a cheaper price, I think you will be disappointed. If you are a seasoned photographer, you would know by now, where to get these individual photographic equipment and hence get them at reasonable price with good after sale support too.

For hobbyist, if you don't really need to start right away, I suggest you start saving up to get the best that your budget can stretch. During this period, you should read up lots of info on photography and once you start shooting, you will know all the hardwork pays.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese
    PC show usually showcases the latest items as well as to bring in some old items to add on to their line of product or even clear their stocks.

In fact Asian market exhibition are usually crap. In Japan as well as western countries, the latest models that are featured in a exhibition usually comes with goodies and are much more cheaper during the launched period. This is especially true to IT products because when these newer models are launched, the new buyers are usually white mices who use and feedback fault first. That is why you see new firmwares, recalls etc becoming very often especially the newer digital bodies nowadays.
    Agreed. Local ITshows are not really "shows", more like a clearing stock market.
    Vendors are much more interested in making sales than showcasing their new products.

To TS, from my experience, ITshows only package more free stuff, of which some you will never use. I dont see a point in waiting, buy the camera when you feel like shooting. Because if you buy now because it is cheap and leave it around not using, by the time you start using,the warranty probably ending and you can buy a new one at a cheaper price.
    RentCamera@SG 82237153
    http://www.rentcamera.com.sg

If you need one, buy it now.

Quote Originally Posted by rvf79
    which will be cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S
    If you need one, buy it now.
    Agree. Buy when you need, not because it is cheap.

Regards,
    Arto.

i just borrow a camera from my friend... so i am not in the rush to buy 1

Borrowing a camera to see if it really suits you is the best idea of all. You cann prolably make a better decision after this..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

I have never found the price of cameras at IT show attractive, especially for DSLR. Usually it is almost the same price as shops outside with more freebies thrown in. If you are a 1st time user, then maybe you might find the freebies useful. But for me, all the freebies are useless. I would rather just buy the body and pay a lower price for the body only, rather then the kit with lots of useless accessories.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Alot of newbie will buy during IT Shows, still there is always long Que either with some brands.

I think I.T show good for things like memory card & other accessories. Tat 'Best Bargain' will really roll out the best price in memory card.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?