Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone seen something that resembles a tornado on 28th Apr at Ponggol?

Default Re: Anyone seen something that resembles a tornado on 28th Apr at Ponggol?

wow! very niec HDB shots with dramatic skies

Default Re: Anyone seen something that resembles a tornado on 28th Apr at Ponggol?

It's from a big fire in 1 of the shipyard across the straits of Johore.
    Apparently, the lightning struck 5 times at the same spot.

Dun ask me how I saw the lightning. U wouldn't wanna know. Anyway, I survived...

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    It's from a big fire in 1 of the shipyard across the straits of Johore.
    Apparently, the lightning struck 5 times at the same spot.

Dun ask me how I saw the lightning. U wouldn't wanna know. Anyway, I survived...

some one might have done something real bad there... 5 strikes? i think 3 strikes he should be out already...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

heh..looks like i was able to get a shot of it after all...i'm guessing that highlighted plume of smoke that looks like a tornado was from the fire at johor, and that black cloud right across could be the smoke not to sure... i was living at serangoon gardens area..that must have been some big fire..

if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

Quote Originally Posted by niki
    erm, i think u have juz described the 'fire' i can see from my place on most nites.. its comin from this refinery from across the narrow strait of water where punggol beach is.

some nites, it appears brighter, some nites, not so bright.. depends.. and yea.. the clouds do extend high up into the sky till sometimes its hovering over sengkang and jln kayu..

I see those fires every night as well, but last night was very very different....... it looks like something from the end of the world movies..... no fire, just smoke..... huge plumes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    This is the reason for the black smoke.

I'm thinking, recently some big big shot from Petronas was bitc*ing about the scraping of the plan to build the causeway. Now lighting strike the Petronas fuel depot causing them to loss $$$..........hmm????? a message from above???
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Back in 1999, I saw twister in ECP way to Changi Airport.... My brother in the airplane confirm it is a twister.

Regards,
    Arto.

Those are called water spouts I think. And is quite common in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kin
    Those are called water spouts I think. And is quite common in singapore.
    Yup, saw water spouts in East Coast before...... like a skinny twister and grey in colour

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12