Thread: loading RAW pics

Default loading RAW pics

guys...i took a few RAW shots with my cam but my com is unable to read nor load them in to my com....how? shld i download any software?

Default Re: loading RAW pics

Umm noramlly theres a CD with the camera that has software to read the RAW files. If you already have PS CS you can download Adobe Camera RAW to read them too.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

oh that mean i cannot just loadthe pics into com and open with microsoft office picture manager or sth?

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    oh that mean i cannot just loadthe pics into com and open with microsoft office picture manager or sth?
    You can open them with "something", where e.g. "something" = "the software provided with the camera".

eh...go to my computer and manually copy and paste lor haha

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    guys...i took a few RAW shots with my cam but my com is unable to read nor load them in to my com....how? shld i download any software?
    This might help...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...photo/raw.mspx

marc

hey i got the same problem too! but i manged to convert the pics to jpeg from nikon's picutreproject...

When you shoot RAW you usually view them in a RAW Converter of sorts (e.g. Adobe Photoshop/Bridge, C1Pro, Rawshooter, Bibble etc.) because usually most of the time you shoot in RAW so that you can adjust/tweak THEN convert to JPEG/TIFF for general viewing.