Yet another DSLR or Prosumer questions
I have used P n S camera for a few years and have recently toyed with the idea of buying into DSLR for more control and creative space. I have got my hands on a film SLR from a friend and has a 28-100 mm and 70 - 300 mm lens. Really like the various control on the aperture, shutter speed and a more accurate control over the zoom that I have with a SLR.
1) Interest – Architecture, streets and people ( and have not got into the idea of going close to the people subjects due to the fear of intruding into another's space, so have resort to using the 70-300 mm lens for such shots – maybe shy lah)
2) have also preference for b/w photography
3) I realise I have not really buy into the idea of lugging around both the lens, I don’t mind lugging around the cam with the 300 mm lens , but do not like the idea of carrying both. Weight is not a problem , but carrying a whole bag of loose barang barang is proving to be a turn off.
4) Considering buying one of the following
- Pentax DL
- Fujifilm 9500
- Samsung 815
5) Do not see myself printing anything more then A4 size paper (do not know how many R this is?)
6)Not really considering Panasonic FZ 20/30 or Canon S1 or Sony H1 due to the need for at least a 28mm for architecture
7) From what I have written above, I guess I have written myself into the choice of one of the prosumers listed above, but if there is a huge limitation for the prosumers as compared to the DSLR in terms of control and picture quality, I will still choose the DSLR path.
Would like to get some advise of what is the limitation of a Prosumer (Fujifilm or Samsung) as compare to DSLR, what really is the gap we are looking at in terms of picture quality (for A4 size and below) and control?
Am looking into doing a project to capture the various places in Singapore (be it street or tourist attractions), have seen somebody doing a picture blog of such nature in China and really taken in by the idea.
Specically for the above need, what would be the good way to start;
1) DSLR ?
2) Prosumer + film SLR ?
3) PnS + Film SLR ?
Any advise would be welcome… and apology for the long message