Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B&W Processing + Print

Originally posted by htennek

errm what is burning and dodging? what does a burn or a dodge do exactly?

Well, just like your photoshop software which include burning and doging function if you realise. Burning is using of light artistically to increase exposure to a certain area of the photo to increase the intensity of the tone. It will be useful if for example there are unwanted elements in your picture which you don't want your audience to pay attention to. Dodgeing is basically the reverse of burning. You block off some light to make certain area brighter. Burning and dodging can really do wonders to some very bad negatives. Especially if the print is very flat and low contrasty.

Originally posted by behyx
    is it expensive to setup a dark room?
    You will need an enclose area. So as long as there is not light leak, the only thing you would probably need is an enlarger, an easer, some chemicals, trays and containers. You don't even need redlight if your area is fairly small and easy to get around with. Somthings you just have to make do with and use your creativity. So it's not really nessary to be expensive for the start.

who here have a dark room and care to teach me a trick or 2 on how to set up 1 as well as how to develop own BW photos?

who here have a dark room and care to teach me a trick or 2 on how to set up 1 as well as how to develop own BW photos?
    well, i don't own a darkroom but won't mind to show you how to do it if you don't mind.

for more detail regarding what makes a good photo and print you can refer to http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=20184

Originally posted by excentrique

well, i don't own a darkroom but won't mind to show you how to do it if you don't mind.
    oh! i'll be delighted if you can show me! erm, but where is the venue?

oh! i'll be delighted if you can show me! erm, but where is the venue?
    Hmm.. I don't have a darkroom to demonstare unless you can find one. Sadly I have access to a private lab but I won't be able to bring you in. It will be good if you can find and book any labs in community centres or Safra club then I can show you how.

ClubSNAP Admin

Darkroom Techniques is not something you'll be able to learn within 1 or 2 lessons.

Go take a B&W Darkroom course.

There are B&W courses organize by PSS, Safra, Photo Art etc.

Originally posted by Simon

Darkroom Techniques is not something you'll be able to learn within 1 or 2 lessons.

Go take a B&W Darkroom course.

There are B&W courses organize by PSS, Safra, Photo Art etc.
    Well, agreed with this point. Well I took about 2 years of full time course to perfect just the foundation Black and White. I did advance darkroom printing only at my final years. There simply too many things in the art of printing alone. It require great patience, sensitivity and understanding of technical and science. If you are just learning for joy, take your time pal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123