Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B&W Processing + Print

Default B&W Processing + Print

Where is the best place to get proper B&W prints processed and printed, on proper B&W paper?

Kindly advise.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

use chromo film lah... can dev anywhere... then buy a filmscanner LOL no need print liao...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by denizenx
    use chromo film lah... can dev anywhere... then buy a filmscanner LOL no need print liao...
    I got my roll of Ilford HP5 already.

So, anyone?
    --

pm ckiang?
    cos the prints for real b/w quite ex.. I think ~$1 per piece?

Originally posted by Wolfgang

I got my roll of Ilford HP5 already.

So, anyone?
    You can send to Colour Lab, but it will take a week. RGB is slightly faster, but more expensive. Both print to colour paper, which makes them rather dull.

I have not tried personally, but that Fee Fee House of Photographics near Chinatown Point does traditional B&W.

Regards
    CK

pm ckiang?
    cos the prints for real b/w quite ex.. I think ~$1 per piece?
    $1 per piece? Hmmm... well, it's well worth it... If my shots turn out well today.
    --

Originally posted by ckiang

You can send to Colour Lab, but it will take a week. RGB is slightly faster, but more expensive. Both print to colour paper, which makes them rather dull.

I have not tried personally, but that Fee Fee House of Photographics near Chinatown Point does traditional B&W.

Regards
    CK
    I see.

Thanks Ckiang.

So it's actually ok if i send the roll for processing and then send them for another place for printing, yes?
    --

some places charge more for dev only... and reprints costs more usually too LOL
    why not just try that FEE FEE?

some places charge more for dev only... and reprints costs more usually too LOL
    why not just try that FEE FEE?
    K... Probably would.
    --

$1 per piece? Hmmm... well, it's well worth it... If my shots turn out well today.
    Yeah, something like $1 a piece coz it's hand printed. Well, you can always send to develop first, then choose the ones you want to print. Or ask for a contact sheet, which is sorta like a 8R index print. Dunno how much that will cost tho.

Regards
    CK

Yeah, something like $1 a piece coz it's hand printed. Well, you can always send to develop first, then choose the ones you want to print. Or ask for a contact sheet, which is sorta like a 8R index print. Dunno how much that will cost tho.

Regards
    CK
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will get the index and have it processed.. then i see how.
    --

If i develope them on my own, can i bring it to labs to have them make a contact sheet for a fee? how much does it cost for one?

Wolfgang, if you get addicted to black and white photography... you might wanna consider processing them yourself in the future...

It's fun!

However, there are times when I'm like, dammit, can't I just do this on paint shop pro?

Why not spend a bit more and develope and burn into CDR? From the CDR you can choose the negatives you want to print in real B&W with confidence and at the same time have some high quality scanned negatives for you to keep/manupilate. Cost me abt $15.50 to dev and burn into CD.

Regards
    CK
    u may wanna try ruby. They do it pretty good. Or fotofriend. Ruby charges $8 for 1 contact sheet.. 8 by 10. Choose the good ones then ask em to print. I can develope n print for u if u have bigger quantities. HP5/4 is good..u can also try Kodak CN400. U can basically go for C41 processing in most colorlabs. But they charege bout 10c extra

Originally posted by hazardman

u may wanna try ruby. They do it pretty good. Or fotofriend. Ruby charges $8 for 1 contact sheet.. 8 by 10. Choose the good ones then ask em to print. I can develope n print for u if u have bigger quantities. HP5/4 is good..u can also try Kodak CN400. U can basically go for C41 processing in most colorlabs. But they charege bout 10c extra
    Yeap. Already did just that. Sent it to Ruby and asked for a contact sheet to be printed. Now all that remains is that i wait till this coming monday. However, i don't harbour any high hops of my shots turning out well...

Originally posted by Gunjack
    Why not spend a bit more and develope and burn into CDR? From the CDR you can choose the negatives you want to print in real B&W with confidence and at the same time have some high quality scanned negatives for you to keep/manupilate. Cost me abt $15.50 to dev and burn into CD.
    Hey, sounds like a wise thing to do too. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks!
    --

Originally posted by Que Lynn
    Wolfgang, if you get addicted to black and white photography... you might wanna consider processing them yourself in the future...

It's fun!

However, there are times when I'm like, dammit, can't I just do this on paint shop pro?
    Do you do your own b&w printing in a darkroom?
    --

Originally posted by Gunjack
    I think if u're scanning for prints.. u need to Scan at ultra-high res. So it should cos u bout 3.90 more in ur scanning. The output is a 1 - 2 MB jpeg per image. The low res scanning is juz 500-900kb per image.

I'm trying to set up my own darkroom... so i don't need to use other darkrooms.

Do you do your own b&w printing in a darkroom?
    Yup! I am in film learning mode these days. Black and white film, specifically. I don't have my own darkroom tho. So I use somebody else's...

I "scan" my black and white negs through a Coolpix 4500, though, so at least I have digital copies.

Well, if anyone here has one (darkroom) and wouldn't mind me being inside, just to observer how things are done, i would appreciate it very much if i get to see how you guys go about it...

So, Que Lynn/Hazardman, if you guys ever feel comfortable enough to have someone around while you do your proc/dev in a darkroom, do let me know.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 14th December 2002 at 08:15 AM.
    --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast