Thread: Pbase charging SOON !!

Default Pbase charging SOON !!

hey fellow clubsnappers ..

for the benefit of those who are not aware .. heard that Pbase will be charging soon .. not sure whether my source is reliable but judging from the traffic and tonnes of pics on the site .. charging is unavoidable in the near future ..

anybody got any idea which site has unlimited hosting or AT LEAST reasonable large space to host our pics ??

any lobang would be GREATLY appreciated !!

coolz,
    coozie

Default Re: Pbase charging SOON !!

don't worry. they will only charge a small amount.

Originally posted by coozie
    hey fellow clubsnappers ..

for the benefit of those who are not aware .. heard that Pbase will be charging soon .. not sure whether my source is reliable but judging from the traffic and tonnes of pics on the site .. charging is unavoidable in the near future ..

anybody got any idea which site has unlimited hosting or AT LEAST reasonable large space to host our pics ??

any lobang would be GREATLY appreciated !!

coolz,
    coozie

REALLY ??

how much would they be charging then ??

crisis now .. must look for FREE lobang ..

REALLY ??

how much would they be charging then ??

crisis now .. must look for FREE lobang ..
    slug told me via email most likely to be US$2 per month.
    Last edited by mylau; 12th December 2002 at 10:03 AM.

orr ..

sounds reasonable .. THANX !!

*sigh* .. FREE lobang always come to a quick end ..

orr ..

sounds reasonable .. THANX !!

*sigh* .. FREE lobang always come to a quick end ..
    pay a bit lah....

it is very expensive to maintain the server, u know....

Originally posted by mylau

pay a bit lah....

it is very expensive to maintain the server, u know....
    Not so much the server, but recurring bandwidth costs.

I think US$2 per month is reasonable. Was actually planning to donate some money since pbase is quite good.

Any idea how soon is soon? Coz the last time he said anything about charging users was somewhere in Jan and there was no more news after that.

the days of the free web is over or rather has been over for some time. remember not too long ago when i could get free email(asia1), free online storage(idrive,xdrive), free news(cnn is charging for video content).

Originally posted by GeEkMaN
    I think US$2 per month is reasonable. Was actually planning to donate some money since pbase is quite good.

Any idea how soon is soon? Coz the last time he said anything about charging users was somewhere in Jan and there was no more news after that.
    not sure when .. will check with my source ..

anyway my kaki has begun shifting his pics to other sites already (Yahoo! Photos) .. he is a TRUE sporean .. kiasuism is in his blood ..

hey .. go to ofoto !!

just saw it in their website .. they offer UNLIMITED storage .. wow .. tot there's a limit hence din even consider them in the lst place ..

but come to think of it .. believe they will charge sooner or later since ofoto is getting popular too .. better stick to pbase .. US$24 per yr quite ok lah ..